Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

my.audi.com upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
When I reset the tel, all it did is ask if I wanted to make the data connection with the warning it might cost me (as for you, it changed the ask/don't ask data setting to the default ask) but no PIN request and my old Send to Car destinations were still there. No other tel settings were changed for me either, i.e. Bluetooth, phone data etc. still there.
I have MMI 0715-2. Yours?
Try resetting Tel and Bluetooth. The PIN is tied to your Bluetooth device according to AoA, so that multiple drivers can each have their own myAudi account. This is also why it asks you for a PIN sometimes if you go to Online destinations before it has fully connected to your Bluetooth device.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:32 AM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
Try resetting Tel and Bluetooth. The PIN is tied to your Bluetooth device according to AoA, so that multiple drivers can each have their own myAudi account. This is also why it asks you for a PIN sometimes if you go to Online destinations before it has fully connected to your Bluetooth device.
Don't touch bluetooth! I reset Tel and "Directory". The MMI will automatically reboot and the next time you access online destinations, the MMI will prompt for a PIN! (While I reset Tel, I'm not sure you need to do this, as I'm thinking that just a reset of "Diirectory" may work)!

Hope this works!

LIY
Old 04-16-2014, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
I believe that's referring to different PINs for pairing phones. I've never been asked for the myAudi PIN once set up. I don't think you can have more than one active account at a time for myAudi for different drivers - it's tied to a single VIN and email address and should work even if there was no phone paired in the car.

Originally Posted by LIY
Don't touch bluetooth! I reset Tel and "Directory". The MMI will automatically reboot and the next time you access online destinations, the MMI will prompt for a PIN! (While I reset Tel, I'm not sure you need to do this, as I'm thinking that just a reset of "Diirectory" may work)!

Hope this works!

LIY
It seems like the data connection would be linked to the telephone settings as that's where the data settings are located in the MMI. I can't imagine the Directory would be linked to the data connection but I'll try it. I'll also try manually rebooting the MMI. Audi Connect has worked fine but anything to do with the myAudi website has not been a great experience for me.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll also try manually rebooting the MMI. Audi Connect has worked fine but anything to do with the myAudi website has not been a great experience for me.
Did the reboot work for you? Mine was working fine, now my online destinations are back to the ones from my (supposedly) deleted account.

I just tried another partial reset and it didn't make any difference, so I guess I'm looking at a full reboot. Do you have to reenter the SIM card info for a full reset?
Old 05-23-2014, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Did the reboot work for you? Mine was working fine, now my online destinations are back to the ones from my (supposedly) deleted account.

I just tried another partial reset and it didn't make any difference, so I guess I'm looking at a full reboot. Do you have to reenter the SIM card info for a full reset?
No, rebooting the MMI didn't do squat. I've been busy so haven't pursued it further. I'm going to try completely deleting/deactivating the old myAudi account and see if the new one will take. If that fails, I'll also delete the new acct I set up as well and start from scratch. This shouldn't have to be this hard.

The sim card doesn't really have anything to do with activating the myAudi account, just the initial Audi Connect when first setting up the car. The VIN and email address entry and the code provided from myAudi when setting up the account is all that should be needed.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No, rebooting the MMI didn't do squat. I've been busy so haven't pursued it further. I'm going to try completely deleting/deactivating the old myAudi account and see if the new one will take. If that fails, I'll also delete the new acct I set up as well and start from scratch. This shouldn't have to be this hard.

The sim card doesn't really have anything to do with activating the myAudi account, just the initial Audi Connect when first setting up the car. The VIN and email address entry and the code provided from myAudi when setting up the account is all that should be needed.
Thanks. I have deleted the old account, AOA says the old destinations are being stored locally, hence the full reset. But, sounds that like didn't work either. I already told AOA the MyAudi webmaster should be shot, probably won't help though
Old 05-24-2014, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Thanks. I have deleted the old account, AOA says the old destinations are being stored locally, hence the full reset. But, sounds that like didn't work either. I already told AOA the MyAudi webmaster should be shot, probably won't help though
No we can't have him shot. He's probably the only one that has any idea how to make the system work at all.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No we can't have him shot. He's probably the only one that has any idea how to make the system work at all.
Yeah, well, good luck gettin him on the phone.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PIN (and online destinations) is tied to bluetooth phones or MMI without a phone. So if you have phone1 paired with MMI while accessing online destinations, you will get prompted for a PIN or get a list of destinations for phone1. If you have phone2 or just access online destinations while not paired with a phone, you will get prompted or list of destinations for that particular combination.

In order to enter a new PIN and reset online destinations, you need to factory reset the Telephone and Directory feature under MMI Setup.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by wylee
PIN (and online destinations) is tied to bluetooth phones or MMI without a phone. So if you have phone1 paired with MMI while accessing online destinations, you will get prompted for a PIN or get a list of destinations for phone1. If you have phone2 or just access online destinations while not paired with a phone, you will get prompted or list of destinations for that particular combination.

In order to enter a new PIN and reset online destinations, you need to factory reset the Telephone and Directory feature under MMI Setup.
Bluetooth and phones have nothing to do with what we're discussing. Contacts are downloaded from the phone and will provide destinations in some cases. The MMI Online Destinations from myAudi are something else entirely and have nothing to do with Bluetooth.

Quick Reply: my.audi.com upgraded?