A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

The Mystery of a De Badged A4 after purchasing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Mystery of a De Badged A4 after purchasing?

I am not against removing the emblems (De-Badge) but after purchasing from the dealer used in Henderson NV (13- only 6,000 miles) realized about a week later that their were no emblems on the back. I could have missed it? Back is smooth as a whistle, no signs of anything being there (Waxed with rest of car). Dealer says they would have never missed that in the certification process. I have only had the car on the road for about a week. Is it possible that someone De-Badged it and smoothed everything out with no evidence of an emblem being there? What a mystery. Dealer never had pictures of rear of car when selling (Only 2 side shots). Is it expensive to order the emblems and keep on hand for the next owner? I think they missed it?
Old 04-13-2014, 01:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, I believe they can be removed without a trace.
Take a look at the option code matrix (label under hood or in service book).
The option codes for factory deleted badges are 2Z0 or 2Z7.

I also notice a change in Audi badge philosophy. A couple of years ago removing engine size, then this year (at least according to european web configurator) the badge delete is ticked as standard and I see no option to add it. (But I expect that "A4" will still be there but I'm not sure.)

My A4 MY 2014 3.0TFSI is marked "A4 TFSI quattro".
I notice at every wash and waxing that it is hard to clean around them.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. I've notice that all new FWD Audi's are not badged. I walk by a dealership everyday and notice it on all the A6 and A4's. They ARE badged if they are quattro