Bad Defective Blauparts

Old 07-01-2013, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default junk parts!

sorry to hear about your problems, but thanks for posting. I wonder if Blauparts would pay for a blown motor as a result of their shoddy parts? What do they do... they send you more crap parts that may last 3k miles... wah hoo. If you used those replacement parts plan on doing the job again soon.
With my latest problems I didn't bother to send the bad parts back to get more free crap parts. My time is worth something and I don't wan't to have to do timing belt jobs every year! I now buy parts from the dealership or car quest. Car quest gets me parts through a distributor called world pac. Those parts are usually oem.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bergelvis
sorry to hear about your problems, but thanks for posting. I wonder if Blauparts would pay for a blown motor as a result of their shoddy parts? What do they do... they send you more crap parts that may last 3k miles... wah hoo. If you used those replacement parts plan on doing the job again soon.
With my latest problems I didn't bother to send the bad parts back to get more free crap parts. My time is worth something and I don't wan't to have to do timing belt jobs every year! I now buy parts from the dealership or car quest. Car quest gets me parts through a distributor called world pac. Those parts are usually oem.
I usually send bad parts back to blau to get money refund and not another crap parts
Old 10-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bergelvis
the bad blauparts tensioner pulley was made in Japan and the bearing had a number on it. The new one I got from the dealer, which came in an Audi box, also said made in Japan and the bearing had the same number on it! If anyone knows where to get a genuine German part, please let us know! Maybe I should try to find Chinese pulleys...LOL!!!

I guess I could try and weld the bearing to the sheave wheel. I'd have to carefully take the seals off the bearings, do the welding, re-grease the bearings and replace the seals... what a PITA!

My passionate love for Audi vehicles has certainly soured over this occurrence. How much of these cars are actually German. At least I haven't had to do a 4.2L V8 timing chain system repair yet...what a drag... pull the motor for timing work!

Kudos for blauparts though, they have followed up with me by mailing me a return form. I sent them the first bad one. When I get the time I'll send them this one with the cover with a hole in it and the destroyed tensioner cam arm. My wholesale price from the dealer for the tensioner pulley, new cover, and cam arm was over $300. Maybe blau will figure something out for us. How about an American manufactured pulley? Custom made for blau. They really should recall these defective parts... but they would need something better to replace them with, I suppose
Actually don't need to remove anything to do the timing on a C5 A6 with 4.2 V8 there's more room than when I did the timing on my 2.8 without removing the front clip or anything!