A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

comfot control module symtoms but not it

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jcman
I'm sorry I meant a former AW member 2.7Lturbo most of the timers remember him and most others couldn't forget, he certainly didn't hold back on opinions.

Far enough North of Akron AKA Krackron
What happened to him anyway .. didn't he go buy a Prius or something ?
Old 04-07-2014, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I have had many Audis over the years .. and whenever I get weird problems like this I always find the solution in the same places..

The wiring harnesses at the flex points. My favorite is the one to the trunk that flexes when you openn and close the trunk. The wires break inside the harness and short together.

My Last Audi used to lock the trunk when i put it into reverse .. go figure

The problem will likely be the trunk Harness or the drivers side harness as they are the most used.. and remember you wont see it .. you will just have to look fo the symptoms, play with the wires and hope for the best
Old 04-07-2014, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbag
What happened to him anyway .. didn't he go buy a Prius or something ?
Not sure what he is doing these days but I do remember his last thread. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2847375
Old 04-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbag
I have had many Audis over the years .. and whenever I get weird problems like this I always find the solution in the same places..

The wiring harnesses at the flex points. My favorite is the one to the trunk that flexes when you openn and close the trunk. The wires break inside the harness and short together.

My Last Audi used to lock the trunk when i put it into reverse .. go figure

The problem will likely be the trunk Harness or the drivers side harness as they are the most used.. and remember you wont see it .. you will just have to look fo the symptoms, play with the wires and hope for the best
thx man I was thinkin about lookin there just havent yet
Old 04-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shadowmav
thx man I was thinkin about lookin there just havent yet
Still cant find any broken wires. But my lumbar support isnt working either I jus noticed.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowmav
What do you mean by a ground jumper exactly. I dont wanna fry any electronics.
In the case of a short to ground I don't think it would do any good to run a ground jumper. If the code was an OPEN, then yes. In your case you need to open the harness and find the wire that is shorted to ground that should not be shorted to ground.

As to what a ground jumper is, you just take a piece of wire and connect it from the car body to the component mounting bolt…generally the component mounting bolt grounds the component to the (door or hatch) frame which is then connected to the car chassis/body that is connected to the battery negative terminal, or ground.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
In the case of a short to ground I don't think it would do any good to run a ground jumper. If the code was an OPEN, then yes. In your case you need to open the harness and find the wire that is shorted to ground that should not be shorted to ground.

As to what a ground jumper is, you just take a piece of wire and connect it from the car body to the component mounting bolt…generally the component mounting bolt grounds the component to the (door or hatch) frame which is then connected to the car chassis/body that is connected to the battery negative terminal, or ground.
ive been in and out of the harness under the driver side carpet with nothing found, ive tried playin with wires an cant find any that temp fix the problem.