A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

comfot control module symtoms but not it

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
And yet I'm about ready to hang it up and just buy new or CPO'd ones and never drive naked/without a warranty. Perhaps I'll still be able to do oil and filter changes...
My experiences with secondary warranties has been poor and I see in the forums so many similar problems with CPO. Perhaps for people attracted to the donuts at the dealer. Sorry, not meant to offend. I have fought with too many insurance companies, and cpo is just insurance.

I strongly agree about the effort an audi takes to maintain compared to a Maverick (or my Olds 442 in 68). Many come here looking for instant quick, cheap fixes with a diagnoses of: it hums.

Helped a friend's son do a pre purchase inspection recently on a nice BMW 3. Oil did not touch the dip stick. Owner said confidently: you don't need to check the oil between oil changes anymore. When I suggested otherwise, particularly for an engine with 75k, he called me a liar.

Can't fix stupid.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

There are days I think you would be crazy missing a 2.7t and days not. I kept my 2.7t = 03 AR 6mt - wife now drives it and Loves It. Up Vail Pass (10,000 ft) at 100 in 6th. Her only complaint: burns a lot more gas than her Passat --

With 125k/11yrs on the AR, needed a newer car for primary. Just bought an 11 A6 Avant 3.0T. Still under warranty. Nothing to do on it, so when I get bored, ALWAYS something to do on the 2.7t AR.

Are you near Columbus?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Worldwidebeagle
There are days I think you would be crazy missing a 2.7t and days not. I kept my 2.7t = 03 AR 6mt - wife now drives it and Loves It. Up Vail Pass (10,000 ft) at 100 in 6th. Her only complaint: burns a lot more gas than her Passat --

With 125k/11yrs on the AR, needed a newer car for primary. Just bought an 11 A6 Avant 3.0T. Still under warranty. Nothing to do on it, so when I get bored, ALWAYS something to do on the 2.7t AR.

Are you near Columbus?
I'm sorry I meant a former AW member 2.7Lturbo most of the timers remember him and most others couldn't forget, he certainly didn't hold back on opinions.

Far enough North of Akron AKA Krackron
Old 02-23-2014, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jcman
I'm sorry I meant a former AW member 2.7Lturbo
Boy, when guess wrong, i go whole hog.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jcman, I can see you are reaching the same level of frustration as I am. I am tired of newbie posters begging for free advice, but do not bother to write an intelligent, basic sentence, use text gibberish and cannot be bothered to proof their posts. At least this guy does not use "lol" in every sentence. And instead of no punctuation, seems to love periods.
Look i know what i got into when i bought the car. Dont think jus because someone asks a question they're a "newbie" that jus makes you look dumb. Ive been searchin for weeks an keep finding same responces. Replace fuse, no fuse for system blown, check for corrodid wires going to comfort control module, all great no breaks or corrosion replace ccm (700$) from audi, still didnt fix it so i decided to post here an no i dont have a vagcom yet.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

so i got a vag com and got 2 codes now

01570 terminal 15 short to ground
01482 motors for central locking short to ground

not sure where to go from here and cant find any info that helps. i had the door panel off checked connections nothing wrong in the door had the carpet up on drivers side again an started seperating wires lookin at the crimps and there are all good as well.fuse 14 hasnt ever blown either. i unplugged rear footwell light and nothin changed. anything to help would be great as im to the point of either lighting it on fire or bringing to the stealership
Old 04-06-2014, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Last edited by autlaw; 04-06-2023 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jcman, I can see you are reaching the same level of frustration as I am. I am tired of newbie posters begging for free advice, but do not bother to write an intelligent, basic sentence, use text gibberish and cannot be bothered to proof their posts. At least this guy does not use "lol" in every sentence. And instead of no punctuation, seems to love periods.

To the OP: Sorry, much like Worldwidebeagle, I have ZERO useful information which might help you solve a problem which I am positive is infinitely more frustrating than some simple spelling mistakes. Good luck on your quest for a solution, and don't let the grammar ***** get ya down... LOL!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Try reading this thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=1730736
Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by autlaw
I would start by checking the ground wires. Sometimes they get a little corroded. If you run a ground jumper you can see if that's your issue.
What do you mean by a ground jumper exactly. I dont wanna fry any electronics.

Quick Reply: comfot control module symtoms but not it