RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

MY NEW Phantom Black + Carbon optics RS 7

Old 03-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE

Yo guys! Haven't updated this thread in a while, but finally got Xpel on the car. Got it done at HQ in San Antonio, shout out to them for a bad a** job. Tucked in seams and impeccable cure. Gonna shoot some pics after a wash on Sunday. No haze, no alteration to body color (mine is metallic). Looking forward to adding Opti-Coat Pro 2.0 later on to the whole car.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kenshin0930
Yo guys! Haven't updated this thread in a while, but finally got Xpel on the car. Got it done at HQ in San Antonio, shout out to them for a bad a** job. Tucked in seams and impeccable cure. Gonna shoot some pics after a wash on Sunday. No haze, no alteration to body color (mine is metallic). Looking forward to adding Opti-Coat Pro 2.0 later on to the whole car.
I want to do this on my Daytona Grey Matte car arriving in a week or so, but I'm not confident the paint won't get screwed up. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HeelBuff
I want to do this on my Daytona Grey Matte car arriving in a week or so, but I'm not confident the paint won't get screwed up. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
I think that the matte finish will turn to gloss. You might be able to cover it with clear matte vinyl.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HeelBuff
Gonna contact the head-honcho for you. Get back to you when he does. My 2-cents, get it done immediately (any paint protection). In 1,000 miles my car already had a couple really bad chips that they could barely fix (detail team). So either don't drive it- or get it covered ASAP man.

To all others- Xpel has a stealth film...and yes it's Matte color of your choice! I've seen pictures & oh hot damn!
Old 03-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Gonna contact the head-honcho for you. Get back to you when he does. My 2-cents, get it done immediately (any paint protection). In 1,000 miles my car already had a couple really bad chips that they could barely fix (detail team). So either don't drive it- or get it covered ASAP man.

To all others- Xpel has a stealth film...and yes it's Matte color of your choice! I've seen pictures & oh hot damn!
Thank y'all so much for your help and insight.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They did the front end for mine last week. great job. drove it san antonio to virginia soon as I got it....now to get the back end and rockers done.

1700 miles soon as I got it. The car is soooo damn good!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 04:30 PM
DGG
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Carbon fiber engine cover inserts

I have more pics if you guys would like to see, even a short clip...let me know!
Beautiful car. My is three weeks out.

The AoA site now shows carbon optic package includes carbon fiber engine cover inserts instead of carbon fiber mirrors. Did you get CF engine cover inserts?