RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

2014 RS7 Order tracking thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive never ordered a car before, always picking up one that was on the ground, but I did order an RS7.

Here is what info I have and can anyone tell me what this means in regards to build time and delivery.

Order Status
Factory Order Bank (10) *
Actual Production Week
15/2014 04/07/2014

and based on the post above by chirf4 can I possibly get my car earlier??
Old 01-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Tell me about the wait!
I ordered mine just one week ago. This week has lasted an eternity. I have to wait until end of April for delivery to the UK. Wish I could hibernate.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

About to close the loop on this after waiting for over 6 months. Car has been in "Port Stock" since 3/17 and the dealer just called to say it will be ready for delivery on Tuesday, 4/1. I couldn't be more excited to get the car, but I have to say I've been very frustrated and disappointed at not only the length of time from order to delivery, but also with Audi's poor order tracking capabilities. It's a big mystery what's going on with your order unless you call the dealer and bug him. Other premium (and not premium) brands enable customers to log on the internet and track their cars' build process & delivery process. Enough griping! Hope to upload a photo of the car next week...

Originally Posted by HeelBuff
New to the forum and look forward to learning from you all. Just got my order confirmation today:

2014 RS7
I6I6 daytona grey matte
4X4 rear side airbags
0P6 sport exhaust
5TB layered aluminum/black wood inlays
6W9 without front license plate holder
6NA alcantara headliner
8RF B&O sound system
9ZW audi connect
GZ2 power closing doors
PBE innovation package
PCN driver assist package
PQI 21" wheel package - titanium finish
PQZ matte aluminum option package with "Quattro"
PS8 comfort seating package
Black floor mats with RS7 embroidered (Audi Exclusive)
msrp: $133,150 + $895 destination charge

order entry: 9/24/2013
marked sold order: 9/24/13
vehicle assigned: 9/24/13
released to manuf: TBD
released for production: TBD
departure port arrived:
ship loaded:
destination port arrived: TBD (ETA)
released to carrier: TBD (ETA)
dealer delivered: TBD (ETA)
Old 03-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The dealer just sent me these photos! Picking up the car tomorrow - so FIRED UP!
Attached Images     
Old 03-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am sure it will be worth the wait in the end. Let us know first impressions.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

it's a beauty! Enjoy
Old 04-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GTS00021
it's a beauty! Enjoy
Thanks. I just got home and washed the car after a 350 mile drive from the dealership. It was a vacation day well worth it! My wife asked if the car was a "girl" or a "boy", and I can unequivocally say it's a boy. No, a man. For the first couple of hours of the drive I was in a semi-daze of disbelief that I'd actually pulled the trigger and bought this beast of a car. It feels and smells expensive and of high quality. It didn't take long for me to find an opportunity where I needed to stomp on the gas to thread the needle, pass a slow driver and various other manufactured reasons to haul ***. That car loves to haul ***, and it just won't stop pulling well into triple digits. I was looking for anyone in a sports car - mustang, Camaro, corvette, Mercedes, whatever - during the long drive home but alas nothing but maximas and dudes in mini vans. Probably for the best because I was driving like a 16 year old. The car has not disappointed.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HeelBuff
Thanks. I just got home and washed the car after a 350 mile drive from the dealership. It was a vacation day well worth it! My wife asked if the car was a "girl" or a "boy", and I can unequivocally say it's a boy. No, a man. For the first couple of hours of the drive I was in a semi-daze of disbelief that I'd actually pulled the trigger and bought this beast of a car. It feels and smells expensive and of high quality. It didn't take long for me to find an opportunity where I needed to stomp on the gas to thread the needle, pass a slow driver and various other manufactured reasons to haul ***. That car loves to haul ***, and it just won't stop pulling well into triple digits. I was looking for anyone in a sports car - mustang, Camaro, corvette, Mercedes, whatever - during the long drive home but alas nothing but maximas and dudes in mini vans. Probably for the best because I was driving like a 16 year old. The car has not disappointed.
Great pics. Good luck to you mate. Enjoy the car. I get mine in a couple of weeks. Enjoyed reading your post. Here's to owning an RS7. Cheers!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just like mine, but I got red calipers and left the carbon fiber interior. Ordered end of december, took delivery 3/31.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah, I know, this thread is about dead, and now that the RS7 is "old news," nobody cares, but just finalized my order with the local dealer. There was an odd glitch with trying to order the DRC and the Carbon Optic Package, but once they resolved it, it was all good. No delivery estimates yet.

Model Year: 2015
Model: 4GA5RA RS 7 4.0T QUATTRO TIPTRONIC
Exterior Color: I6I6 DAYTONA GRAY MATTE
Interior Color: QH BLACK
Options: 4X4 REAR SIDE AIRBAGS
5TB INLAYS - LAYERED ALU INLAYS
6NA ALCANTARA HEADLINER
6W9 WITHOUT FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
8RF BANG & OLUFSEN ADVANCED SOUND SYSTEM
9R1 NIGHT VISION ASSISTANT
9ZW AUDI CONNECT
AFA AUDI FIRST AID KIT