A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Questions on my new 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on my new 2.0T

So a brief introduction to the forum, share details on my new A4 and ask a few questions on the car.

Car history: 2006 A4 2.0T Quattro, Auto, 101k miles, black on black, well optioned. Drives well, tight suspension, good interior and exterior condition.
Good early maintenance records up to 85k, patchy later records.
Minor electrical repair under warranty during first through years.
Coils changed at 30k
Inlet cam and follower replaced under warranty at 79k
Pickup and dipstick replaced, due to low pressure warning, some sludge reported on the repair, 100k.

Drive:Drives well, no fault codes.
Chassis feels great, no questions on this.
Engine sounds like a diesel pulling away below 3k, some idle clatter. Seems to be a common trait of this engine. I was a little disappointed in the sound of the engine for a petrol.
Monitoring the car but may have a very slight coolant leak at the RH front corner of the car, without removing the bumper it’s difficult to diagnose, haven’t read anything regarding front RHS leaks
Transmission shifts fine, slight weep/sweating on the LH rear diff.

Plans for the car:Change TB, water pump, diverter, filters, plugs, coils, PCV, oil changes every 3k
Flush transmission, change filter.
Replace LH rear diff seal.

Questions:
1. Seems the engine noise is normal, I have read about the engine noise at idle, is the sub 3k noise/drone normal during light accels?, admitted it has been a long time since I owned a 4cyl and this is my first DI Turbo 4 cyl.
2. Any ideas/common issues with eth RH front coolant weep?
3. How long does the updated cam follower last before I should replace it?, 40k?
4. The Indy that did the pickup says there really isn’t a treatment that helps sludge, just change the oil every 3k. Looking through the filler cap the engine looks clean.
5. Anything I have missed that I should do to the car, I plan on keeping it for a few years.