S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

New S6 owner-Looking for best Power Options

Old 12-26-2013, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S6 owner-Looking for best Power Options

Just bought a new S6-Ibis White/Lunar interior,Cold weather Pack,Driver Assist, 20" wheels, etc. Got a great deal at $10k off, so jumped on it, everyone else was in the 0-4% range. Cross shopped, M5(I have owned 3), 550ix, E550, Maserati SQ4. Can't by a A7, because my younger brother has one

I have owned a few other Audi's:TTS,S8,A6, but was looking for a new daily driver and chose this over a new M5(was getting a smoking deal on that car too).

Anyway, I am considering the APR Stage 1 and an exhaust. First, I will probably buy the magna flow and have them eliminate their resonator, there is no way I will spend over $2K on an exhaust when I am sure the difference will be negligible over the MF. I am used to the pcar tax, but the prices are crazy for what I have seen.

Second, has anyone had any issues so far with the APR Stage 1, this is my main concern?

Have included some pics of my S6 (pick it up tomorrow) and what it will be joining in my stable.
Attached Images      
Old 12-26-2013, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
Just bought a new S6-Ibis White/Lunar interior,Cold weather Pack,Driver Assist, 20" wheels, etc. Got a great deal at $10k off, so jumped on it, everyone else was in the 0-4% range. Cross shopped, M5(I have owned 3), 550ix, E550, Maserati SQ4. Can't by a A7, because my younger brother has one

I have owned a few other Audi's:TTS,S8,A6, but was looking for a new daily driver and chose this over a new M5(was getting a smoking deal on that car too).

Anyway, I am considering the APR Stage 1 and an exhaust. First, I will probably buy the magna flow and have them eliminate their resonator, there is no way I will spend over $2K on an exhaust when I am sure the difference will be negligible over the MF. I am used to the pcar tax, but the prices are crazy for what I have seen.

Second, has anyone had any issues so far with the APR Stage 1, this is my main concern?

Have included some pics of my S6 (pick it up tomorrow) and what it will be joining in my stable.
APR is the way to go for Audi engine tuning in the U.S. Solid product and very good customer support. Both ABT and MTM have a bigger international reputation and make premier products, but their US support is virtually non-existent. I had APR tuning on both my B5 S4 and my B7 RS4. No issues ever. I will doing the same on the S6 come spring time.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also just got a new 2014 S6 but you really got an awesome deal! I can't imagine tuning this car if you already have 2 Vipers and a new Porsche C4S!
Why jeopardize your warranty? You've got plenty of toys to satisfy your need for speed. The S6 is a luxury sport sedan not a track car.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Banned

Congratulations!
Old 12-26-2013, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rickymp
I also just got a new 2014 S6 but you really got an awesome deal! I can't imagine tuning this car if you already have 2 Vipers and a new Porsche C4S!
Why jeopardize your warranty? You've got plenty of toys to satisfy your need for speed. The S6 is a luxury sport sedan not a track car.
Thanks for the positive comments. But, I have a disease and keep anything stock. Even my Cummins Diesel and quad are tuned
Old 12-26-2013, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rickymp
I think for someone who can afford to own that many 6-figure cars, it's probably not going to be a big issue to not have a powertrain warranty on the S6.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'll pull over to the right lane

I recognize those guys in the picture. They only gave me $4.5K off when I purchased my S6 6 months ago. You must have thrown in a complementary appendectomy! I know you and will steer to to the right lane when I see you coming. I'm in the Glacier White S6 you will have passed. How do you decide which car to drive in the morning? I believe that even a tuned S6 will only keep pace with the others till around 60.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PS

No comfort seats? I love mine and you're missing the "Stretch" function massage. Now there's a new thread, "What's your favorite massage function?"
Old 12-27-2013, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Delurker
I think for someone who can afford to own that many 6-figure cars, it's probably not going to be a big issue to not have a powertrain warranty on the S6.
My main concern is how reliable the tune will be. I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road and then dealing with bs that follows. It seems that GIAC also has a tune now.

Originally Posted by DD1546
No comfort seats? I love mine and you're missing the "Stretch" function massage. Now there's a new thread, "What's your favorite massage function?"
I just love the diamond pattern, reminds me of my wife's Bentley.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My main concern is how reliable the tune will be. I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road and then dealing with bs that follows. It seems that GIAC also has a tune now.
I don't think you have to worry about a tune on the S6. There have been no reported problems with any of the tunes from S6 owners. I think that is more relevant than a S4 owner reporting a problem which we don't even know the circumstances on. APR might disagree but I don't think there is that much difference between any of the available tunes. APR just sells more than the rest.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New S6 owner-Looking for best Power Options