Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 S-line front license plate bracket

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bürgermeister
I live in a state requiring a front license plate. Without my input the dealer added the 6W3 code to the custom build order; it's a zero dollar cost option for the customer and, I suspect, for the dealer as well.
It doesn't sound like you have a very accommodating dealer, and it doesn't sound like Audi USA fully appreciated your state-mandated need either.
I would press both sources again and I'll bet you could even make the CO DMV your ally.
Thanks for your input. To be clear, this wasn't a custom order (they had it on the lot). I checked with the CO DMV today and they said that there isn't any law that requires dealers to equip vehicles with front license plate holders, but it is mandatory to display a front plate

It would be nice if the dealer would just put it on (considering I brought it up during the test drive!), but their stance is that since we did not negotiate for this (in writing) that we will need to order it. They did offer to give it to us at their cost (+/-$260).
Old 10-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Photos...

I put the winter wheels and tires on pretty much right away, so I don't have many pics...

But, here are two (one with S-Line wheels/tires, one with winter wheels/tires)!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98213796@N05/10405336475/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98213796@N05/10405497723/
Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks, GBadger! That sunlight photo with the summer wheels is exactly what I wanted to see.

Congratulations on the new ride. It looks awesome.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GBadger
Thanks for your input. To be clear, this wasn't a custom order (they had it on the lot). I checked with the CO DMV today and they said that there isn't any law that requires dealers to equip vehicles with front license plate holders, but it is mandatory to display a front plate

It would be nice if the dealer would just put it on (considering I brought it up during the test drive!), but their stance is that since we did not negotiate for this (in writing) that we will need to order it. They did offer to give it to us at their cost (+/-$260).
I would show the dealer the Audi Order Guide (see posts around the 05/2013 time frame). It clearly states that the front license plate holder is a no-charge item for vehicles in states requiring a front plate. Did the dealer sell you a "dealer trade" i.e. a vehicle from another, one-plate state? At any rate, it's implausible that Audi USA won't help.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bürgermeister
I would show the dealer the Audi Order Guide (see posts around the 05/2013 time frame). It clearly states that the front license plate holder is a no-charge item for vehicles in states requiring a front plate. Did the dealer sell you a "dealer trade" i.e. a vehicle from another, one-plate state? At any rate, it's implausible that Audi USA won't help.
i've contacted two different people at Audi USA, and both say that since it's an option for the vehicle, the dealer is not required to sell one, no matter what the state law. I'll try again.

I'm not sure how the dealer acquired this vehicle -- all I know is that they had three sitting on the lot, two with plate holders and one (the one I wanted) without.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GBadger
i've contacted two different people at Audi USA, and both say that since it's an option for the vehicle, the dealer is not required to sell one, no matter what the state law. I'll try again.

I'm not sure how the dealer acquired this vehicle -- all I know is that they had three sitting on the lot, two with plate holders and one (the one I wanted) without.
The window sticker (to which you are legally entitled) would indicate to which dealership the vehicle was initially allocated, although yours probably got discarded during the PDI.
My Q5 TDI is my first Audi experience. Hearing of Audi's stubborn refusal in the face of such a trivial, universally no-cost item really gives me pause.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just an update on this -- I got things worked out with the dealer and they will be supplying the license plate bracket. At this point I am a happy camper!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good to hear, that's the way things should go! Have fun in the snow!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:01 PM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone have a front plate bracket for 2013/2014 S-Line (with sensors) they're looking to get rid of? Prefer glossy black. Part number: 8R0307285MT94

I have the smooth filler (without plate) and may entertain a swap as well. I have some peeling on mine and plan to have it replaced under warranty in the next week or so, so the plate filler I would trade would be brand new.

Thanks,
-tgt
Old 11-14-2013, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by tgt
Anyone have a front plate bracket for 2013/2014 S-Line (with sensors) they're looking to get rid of? Prefer glossy black. Part number: 8R0307285MT94

I have the smooth filler (without plate) and may entertain a swap as well. I have some peeling on mine and plan to have it replaced under warranty in the next week or so, so the plate filler I would trade would be brand new.

Thanks,
-tgt
Wrong S / N: 8R0307285MT94 not exist, maybe you thought 8R0807285M T94

Quick Reply: Q5 S-line front license plate bracket