RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

New To Audi trying to upgrade some parts

Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Audi trying to upgrade some parts

Hello Guys, i have just bought my first Audi after years of admiration from afar, Its an RS4 2008 (thats the year it was registered) GCC Spec so its the v8 4.2. i am trying to find a sat nav, blue tooth capable sound system that will fit direct and i have read lots about 12 and 24 din, how do i find out if mine is one or the other? i have researched on line and i have assumed that the RNS-E is the set i need but i need to know how to find out if it is the 12 or 24 pin version, it has a concert system with separate 6 disk autochanger in the glove box.
I am about to have the ECU re mapped but wanted to know if its worth changing the air filter as well or not?
Lastly, would any of the modern autogear boxes fit into the car? i know that i will get the should have bought a newer one for what it will cost, and why would you want to change from manual etc etc but i am just thinking out loud and wanted your opinions if it would fit or not?
Old 02-28-2014, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by commandodan
Hello Guys, i have just bought my first Audi after years of admiration from afar, Its an RS4 2008 (thats the year it was registered) GCC Spec so its the v8 4.2. i am trying to find a sat nav, blue tooth capable sound system that will fit direct and i have read lots about 12 and 24 din, how do i find out if mine is one or the other? i have researched on line and i have assumed that the RNS-E is the set i need but i need to know how to find out if it is the 12 or 24 pin version, it has a concert system with separate 6 disk autochanger in the glove box.
I am about to have the ECU re mapped but wanted to know if its worth changing the air filter as well or not?
Lastly, would any of the modern autogear boxes fit into the car? i know that i will get the should have bought a newer one for what it will cost, and why would you want to change from manual etc etc but i am just thinking out loud and wanted your opinions if it would fit or not?
A automatic is not what this car is about and it is the one of the last Audi performance cars made with a manual transmission. Sell it to someone who appreciates what the car is before you make it into an abortion.

Here is a place that sells the TTRS upgrade head unit for the RS4.:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/class...gs/21083.phtml
Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow....

Welcome to the forum.

There are lots of resources on this forum, DIYs, things that people have done that work, things people have done that don't work, etc etc, as well as forum sponsors that have tons of aftermarket parts for our cars.

Spend some time doing some reading; you'll find it more enjoyable than waiting for a response here.

Happy researching!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Reggie
A automatic is not what this car is about and it is the one of the last Audi performance cars made with a manual transmission. Sell it to someone who appreciates what the car is before you make it into an abortion.

Here is a place that sells the TTRS upgrade head unit for the RS4.:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/class...gs/21083.phtml
Thanks, i would say i was offended by the suggestion you made, but to be honest, judging by your reply and link to a post thats two years old i have kinda cut you some slack, but thanks for your valuable suggestion, i think i will keep the car, lower it, put some phat wheels along with spinners, black out all the windows, put some flames down the side and generally pimp it up.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Coupon thanks very much for the warm welcome and advice!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Let's cut to the chase, shall we?

What's your end goal, the ultimate purpose, the "raison d'être" for posting a "I want to convert a B7 RS4 to auto" thread?

Is it to make the car faster?
Noooooo...

Is it to create a better driving experience?
Noooooo...

Is it to collectively enlighten the Audi community with new wisdom and knowledge?
Noooooo....

Could it be it's to test your mechanical prowess?
I would guess not since mechanical prowess requires intelligent forethought.

I know! It's because you don't know how to drive stick. Of course, that's it!

A little light reading on this forum would have informed you that Reggie is a well respected contributor here; your response tells us much about you, troll. Respect goes a long way in having people assist you.

And please, go back to school. Your grammar is atrocious.

Last edited by G35Dalf; 03-17-2014 at 08:09 PM.