Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 TDI Exhaust Sound Booster

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scrmorling
I believe the exhaust valves will be open all the time you're driving in S mode. I just wish we could set the car to start in S not in D. Steve
Which MMI System do you have?
You can control the Sound via Audi Drive Select...
Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Automotive Systems Cete
Which MMI System do you have?
You can control the Sound via Audi Drive Select...
I have set Engine Sound to Dynamic in the MMI. However, the car always starts in D mode. It seems that I have to select S mode to get the sound to kick in. Steve
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, on the TFSI the exhaust flaps open in sport or manual mode. The engine sound is a separate system in the engine bay and is controlled via MMI. I have Drive Select "Individual" engine sound set to Dynamic but the exhaust doesn't change based on the MMI.

Personally I would like the flaps open all the time and maybe even a little more volume on top of that. If I had a TDI, I'd be interested in messing with this sound actuator thingy.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks Transfer - useful info. Steve
Old 01-24-2014, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Automotive Systems Cete
Hi over there!

I am Ferdi Cete from Germany and the official distributor of this Sound Booster.

It is not just a cable and of course it is not directly increasing just the Sound of the actuators.

Our development is changing the data of the sound control unit, so that the control unit produces itsself another Sound! We use a prepared cable which allows customers to install it in less than 10 minutes. You can remove it anytime and Audi will not see any thing.

Audi made the sound less powerful than it could be.
We removed these annoying "blockades".

You should have noticed that the Sound of the SQ5 is for example turned off, if you stay standing without touching the gas pedal.

With our Modul, the sound is even in standing recognisable and very aggressive. In the lower RPM area the sound is much more aggressive and powerful. If you go higher in area of 4000 its of course louder than before, but still not artificial like!!!

This video for example is a Audi Q5 3.0 TDI which I have changed to SQ5 Sound.
Unfortunately just Handy recorded, but still nice.
Audi Q5 3.0 TDI 239 HP + SQ5 313 HP BiTurbo Active Sound System Exhaust (Eberspächer) + Amplifier - YouTube
You should use a good Headset.

I have like always stored a modul, if there is someone who wants to find out how amazing his 3.0 TDI BiTurbo can sound like!

I sell Moduls for every car, which has got the Active Sound Exhaust, for example Audi A6 / A7 3.0 TDI 313 HP.

Btw. MTM's solution is not more aggressive or anything, but still most expensive, just because of the "MTM" Logo ;-)

Kind Regards
Ferdi
(info@CeteCarCoding.de)

So going back to this post... Can we work out a group buy? and possible better video??
Old 01-25-2014, 12:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hrp783
So going back to this post... Can we work out a group buy? and possible better video??
Presume you have an SQ5 TDI that you imported from Europe to Texas? As this doesn't work on the TFSI version.

I'd be interested in a group buy... But I doubt there is enough Euro interest on this site
Old 01-25-2014, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by josedebardi
Presume you have an SQ5 TDI that you imported from Europe to Texas? As this doesn't work on the TFSI version.

I'd be interested in a group buy... But I doubt there is enough Euro interest on this site
Haha, you shouldn't have said anything. You could have gotten everyone in on a group buy and you'd have been the only happy customer afterward
Old 01-25-2014, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by osideaudi
Haha, you shouldn't have said anything. You could have gotten everyone in on a group buy and you'd have been the only happy customer afterward
Lol - I'm not THAT mean!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Lol - I'm not THAT mean!
Nice ^^
Old 01-27-2014, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Lol - I'm not THAT mean!
Hi!
Don't worry.

In April I am in London, we can meet there and then you can try it.
Deal?

Kind Regards
Ferdi

Quick Reply: SQ5 TDI Exhaust Sound Booster