A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most recent Nav disc made for our cars ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Most recent Nav disc made for our cars ?

what is the most up to date version that can be had that will work in a D3 ?
Old 05-10-2017, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by awdinut
what is the most up to date version that can be had that will work in a D3 ?
I asked my dealer when I bought the car, and was told 2011 (which is what I have in there right now).
Old 05-11-2017, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

At that price it has to be a pirated copy, just sayin.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Just install the disk with asbestos gloves. Probably long cooled from the disk burner though. Let us know if they are still coming in from Eastern Europe these days (like they were), despite the positioning like they are legit.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Indeed it seems as if some are missing the point of stealing intellectual (copyrighted) property as well as promoting it (the theft of intellectual property). Even if you bought a $14 copy of $250 property obviously stolen, this is not the right place to advertise or advance the purchase of it. Our forum does not seem to be the right place for theft, whatever it might be. Sorry if I am on a rant, just sayin if I had purchased a stolen copy of software I would not be admitting it and or not be promoting it here for others to do the same.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 03_AR_CO
Indeed it seems as if some are missing the point of stealing intellectual (copyrighted) property as well as promoting it (the theft of intellectual property). Even if you bought a $14 copy of $250 property obviously stolen, this is not the right place to advertise or advance the purchase of it. Our forum does not seem to be the right place for theft, whatever it might be. Sorry if I am on a rant, just sayin if I had purchased a stolen copy of software I would not be admitting it and or not be promoting it here for others to do the same.
+1

If you're okay with possessing stolen property, go for it.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03_AR_CO
LoL the guy clearly said he bought it on "Ebay" and not "Stolen" for $13
Old 05-12-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by AndreNY
LoL the guy clearly said he bought it on "Ebay" and not "Stolen" for $13
If you buy something that is obviously obtained or produced illegally, you are equally liable. If I bought a watch I had reason to believe was stolen, I can still face charges if caught. Same concept, just because the property isn't tangible doesn't make it not property. You can try to justify it, but nobody here believes that disc is a legally produced product. It's just that some feel far enough removed from the illegality of it to feel justified in it's use and purchase. It bothers me mostly because someone is profiting from the illegal use, and it's them I don't want to support.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Brozee
Calm your hoots here. I searched ECS tuning for the part number, plugged it into google on my phone, the ebay ad came up I saw $13 and thought why the heck not and bought it. Stop making this more than it is and let's get back on topic here. ...
I don't agree with you. And since some humor didn't work given retort, here's the full on version.

Come on, in my opinion the underlying supplier (from God knows where...) engaged in IP theft. The market standard is not, if it's on Google or (especially) eBay, it should be legit. I don't think concluding that takes a rocket scientist or legal wiz. That is a crime. Not yours, but if true the supplier's. AW policies also actually say we aren't supposed to promote this stuff in any way either. Mods admonish from time to time, as I expect this thread would be now if anyone hit the flag button. From factual posts in past, as I chided and others who got them confirmed these disks often do indeed get shipped in from offshore when finally received. You think that is actually Navteq or an authorized supplier? Wanna buy a bridge, cheap?

And no to be clear, I have no love lost for Navteq and then Audi/BMW/Merc's 3 billion or so Euro flush to buy soon to be yesteryear assets from Nokia. I will enjoy crowdsourcing approaches to mapping from the Tesla's of the world that ultimately kill their centralized control think--on their not yet even intro'ed D5. Our money to Audi and disks and stuff unfortunately ends up paying for that too, though initially it will be heralded as groundbreaking and other marketing hyperbole. But money to shadowy types in Russia or Estonia or wherever for counterfeit disks isn't the offsetting answer to me either, slick eBay ad or otherwise. Nor most importantly what allows actual innovation to happen.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 05-12-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jack88
If you buy something that is obviously obtained or produced illegally, you are equally liable. If I bought a watch I had reason to believe was stolen, I can still face charges if caught. Same concept, just because the property isn't tangible doesn't make it not property. You can try to justify it, but nobody here believes that disc is a legally produced product. It's just that some feel far enough removed from the illegality of it to feel justified in it's use and purchase. It bothers me mostly because someone is profiting from the illegal use, and it's them I don't want to support.
I agree with you lets all arrest Brozee and vernobus9 (E-bay user) for the illegal pirated use of a Genuine Audi Product, I suggest we all team up and do a citizens arrest on them....

Quick Reply: Most recent Nav disc made for our cars ?