Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoping for a better media experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoping for a better media experience

RANT WARNING: The fact that we can't connect our cars to our home wifi hotspots or our phones to download software updates or cached map data is just silly. I'm hoping that someone works out a way to hack the MMI / wireless system to allow for this sort of activity.

That said, I have high hopes for the Google - Audi - other car maker alliance around Android. I personally use my Moto X for everything in my car, and would love to be able to extend my phone UI to the MMI. For example, I never listen to the radio any more. Now it is either all streamed music (Spotify or Pandora) or podcasts (This American Life, Planet Money, Frontline, etc). The ability to just say "Ok Google Now... Navigate to the nearest gas station", "Ok Google Now... call Mark Burns on his mobile", or "Ok Google Now... start Spotify app" and have the phone just do it is AWESOME.

I have an after market Parrot bluetooth setup in my 2005 Mini Cooper S which provides a superior experience to the one I have in my new (to me) 2012 A6. The fact that my Mini has a dedicated button to Pause/Play media, but in my A6 I have to hit Media -> Actions -> Pause is just frustrating. I'm embarrassed that my wife's 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L has a vastly superior media setup.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pause play media

Briefly pushing your MMI volume button should mute/pause media. Pushing it again will unmute/unpause. Holding it down for a couple seconds shuts off system.