S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Replacement 20" Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement 20" Wheel

Unfortunately, I curbed one of my wheels today while rushing to get somewhere. A bit frustrating, given that it's been years since I've made this mistake.

Question for the group is any advice on where to pick up a spare (OEM) or quotes you've received from dealers? Did the usual classified/Ebay scan, but don't see much out there.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I could use a spare as well.

If someone is selling a set i'd split the set and cost with you.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NeddyPlast
I could use a spare as well.

If someone is selling a set i'd split the set and cost with you.
I'm in!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'M IN AS WELL
Old 10-15-2013, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by snowbooch
Unfortunately, I curbed one of my wheels today while rushing to get somewhere. A bit frustrating, given that it's been years since I've made this mistake.

Question for the group is any advice on where to pick up a spare (OEM) or quotes you've received from dealers? Did the usual classified/Ebay scan, but don't see much out there.
Why don't you just have the wheel repaired? There should be some places in your area that do this type of work (i.e. ask the local Audi dealer who they use).

I've had a few curbed wheels repaired, and I couldn't tell the difference after it was fixed...
Old 10-15-2013, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My stock 20's are still for sale, with four gently used OEM Pierelli's (about 2K miles).

BUT, you guys probably will be better off just ordering one since the internet price is only $352 each. Just do a search for 4G0601025J.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RobC
My stock 20's are still for sale, with four gently used OEM Pierelli's (about 2K miles).

BUT, you guys probably will be better off just ordering one since the internet price is only $352 each. Just do a search for 4G0601025J.
Thanks! I didn't know the part number and that made it easy. You're probably right about just buying one as well (since it's an option).

So how much are you offering to take the Pirellis off your hands? Jk
Old 10-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I found one on eBay that was gently used (looked like new) and bought it in case I ever need one (wife has curbed a couple of wheels in the past!). I have had two repairs done also over the years...one went well, the other did not.

I think the repairs make sense for very expensive wheels or minor damage but I have paid up to $185 for a repair so I would lean to a new wheel since a new one of these is not that much more.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ctdw
I found one on eBay that was gently used (looked like new) and bought it in case I ever need one (wife has curbed a couple of wheels in the past!). I have had two repairs done also over the years...one went well, the other did not.

I think the repairs make sense for very expensive wheels or minor damage but I have paid up to $185 for a repair so I would lean to a new wheel since a new one of these is not that much more.
Yeah I was happy to see that the price of these wheels was reasonable (well, given some of the prices I've seen in the past). Should make instances like this less painful.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RobC

Hi all. You said get the wheel ending in J... But when I checked the one on my car it ends in a BT. Is there any difference?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Replacement 20" Wheel