Anyone w/ recent experience using Audi Nav in Europe for a (U.S.) Euro delivery car?

Old 04-20-2013, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Anyone w/ recent experience using Audi Nav in Europe for a (U.S.) Euro delivery car?

Q5 comes w/ 3G Nav. Is it functional in Europe from those who have done Euro delivery in recent years? I know on my A8 with 2G it needs both a different MMI version and a Euro map disk if it were to work, but not sure on 3G nor Audi Euro delivery practice in recent years as Nav has become common in vehicles.

I suspect I will be hearing the Nav system (and Audi Connect) largely wont work beyond things like connecting an iPod for music and that we will be using phones or paper maps for navigating. But I thought I would check if Audi has figured out a more up to date approach here for the Euro delivery customers.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Answer per Audi: basically none of it works while in Europe

None of Nav, Connect or SAT work in Europe per the European delivery contact. Per the Audi ED customer agreement, they will give you a portable GPS unit to use temporarily on an as available basis if your vehicle came with factory Nav installed.

The iPhone (or other) AMI connector cord is only provided at final US dealer delivery, so you need to either bring one with you or buy one at the factory store if you want to use AMI there.

And, for a Q5 w/ standard roof rack, the bars are boxed in the back of the vehicle at Euro delivery point.