S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Carbon fiber mirrors are on

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hugojack
Where did you source these and how much? Where can the ABT carbon diffuser be found and how much? NEEDS.MORE.CARBON!

Jack
Bought these from AZ forum member. He bought them from Europe as they get the RS6 that has carbon option. But he sold his S6 before even installing them. His loss, my gain. Paid $1500 for entire mirror (not just caps). He paid well north of $3K. Might be a bit much, but don't know of any other options at this time. Certainly won't see any other S6s with these (don't see any around where I live anyway).

Not a fan of ABT's carbon front fascia add-ons. Would like to find splitter, diffuser, and intake at some point. I agree, NEED MORE CARBON. Wish they had an exterior carbon package for S6.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mik34
I know the aluminum mirrors are a staple of S cars. But my car is silver, so it's not as distinguishing from an A6. Plus I want to add carbon bits (diffusers mostly) as/if they become available. These are from Europe and the RS6. Might not be for everyone, but I like them. Beautiful in person.

I'll take more pix of the car once it warms up enough to mount the HREs. I also lowered it with the H&R module this week.
Hey can you take a few closer pics? Around the mirror and blind spot detector? Thinking about picking a set up. Just wanna see fit and finish before I pull the trigger. Thanks

Last edited by Audi-S4; 04-20-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Audi-S4
Hey can you take a few closer pics? Around the mirror and blind spot detector? Thinking about picking a set up. Just wanna see fit and finish before I pull the trigger. Thanks
I'll try and get more pix tonight after work. I can say you don't have to worry about fit and finish, they look amazing.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Bought these from AZ forum member. He bought them from Europe as they get the RS6 that has carbon option. But he sold his S6 before even installing them. His loss, my gain. Paid $1500 for entire mirror (not just caps). He paid well north of $3K. Might be a bit much, but don't know of any other options at this time. Certainly won't see any other S6s with these (don't see any around where I live anyway).

Not a fan of ABT's carbon front fascia add-ons. Would like to find splitter, diffuser, and intake at some point. I agree, NEED MORE CARBON. Wish they had an exterior carbon package for S6.
Absolutely agree. I just can't believe there aren't more options in the market yet. I know that Brinks Motor Sports is working with an Audi S7 owner on a carbon intake but that is about it.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Audi-S4
Here are some more pix. No need to worry about fit and finish. They're just like normal mirrors but with carbon fiber. Nice clear coat over top.
Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here are some more pix. No need to worry about fit and finish. They're just like normal mirrors but with carbon fiber. Nice clear coat over top.

These look so awesome. Well done!! Do they have the heated and power fold functions?

With regard to CF lips and diffusers, maybe we can try and contact DEVAL or some other company with a bunch of ppl interested so they can make them already. I am picking up my S6 in a few days and I want the front and rear spoilers in CF like I had on my B8 S4.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

They do have power folding and heating functions. However, Audi screwed up my order so I don't have side assist or power folding on my car. Heating is standard. I can't add these features without more hardware so for me, it's not worth it.