A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

Bought Car - Want More Features

Old 03-06-2014, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought Car - Want More Features

All,

I am the proud owner of a 2014 Audi A4 Quattro Premium. It's black on black and includes: Black Phantom Pearl Effect and S Line Packages.

I live in Hawaii so I really don't need a GPS. When I bought my Audi I didn't realize how many features you get with the Navigation Package besides just a GPS. Bluetooth streaming Audio, auxiliary jack, backup camera and some other features I really wanted.

The consensus is that it's not possible to add this package after the fact. Of course, if I found someone creative, bought all OEM parts required and had them install it -- I'm sure it could be done, but it would be costly. Anyone know someone or have you tried doing this?

The dealership told me they can do the rear camera install which comes with sensors painted to my cars color to blend in. That alone they want $2,000 for. It would be like I got it out of the factory as far as quality. Anyway, what other packages / features are possible to add after I buy the car? If something isn't offered by Audi, then maybe it's possible with the parts to easily install a particular package. I see sensor areas for certain things. For instance, I thought with my car I could just put my hand on the exterior door handle and it would unlock as long as I had the key. Apparently that's not the case. It looks like there is a little sensor though place holder for it. Same with navigation button on steering wheel. Couldn't a new unit be put in and the back of it have inputs for other things like the auxiliary and other functions that would normally come with the navigation package?

I'm sure a lot of people are going to say it's not possible or too much work. That's ok. But maybe give a little more insight. Like let's say it's not a norm, but it can be done. Might cost more, but can be done, etc.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok so I called the Service Dept. and they told me that labor wouldn't be that much, but more would need to be done in terms of just getting OEM parts. There are somethings that need to match based on the model car I have and options. Complicated based on how it was explained.

I'm gonna see what I can do to trade my car in for perhaps a Prestige. Not sure of the hit I will take.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The hit is too big. I'm stuck with it. That's ok.

I guess I'll just gather part numbers for everything I would need and collect the parts over time, watch for price drops, etc. Once all parts are gathered take it in for someone to install.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Black on Black with Pearl paint too, and black bumpers. I have the Navigation system, with back-up camera.

I think it's possible, but you're gonna spend more.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah I found some sites that call it Retrofit. Stuff that could have come with the car, but didn't. I found everything on this one site, but it's based in the UK. All of them are, really. So if they reply back and say the stuff is compatible or they have left hand side steering controls, etc then I should be good.