S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 lowered with links and rims installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gleek
Thanks for the advice. I see that they do not offer specific links for the S6 or S7. Did you just use the S8 links?
I emailed the guy and received a response that S6 links were just released and he has not updates the website. Just order the S8 ones and specify that u need ones for S6
Old 01-11-2014, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A little too low for my tastes. Starting to look GheTTo. I think about a 10mm drop from the lowest factory setting would be about perfect.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Does lowering affect the parking camera calibration?
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Vijay
A little too low for my tastes. Starting to look GheTTo. I think about a 10mm drop from the lowest factory setting would be about perfect.
From the picture in the eBay link, it looks like they can be adjusted to any height.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ellisinA4
I emailed the guy and received a response that S6 links were just released and he has not updates the website. Just order the S8 ones and specify that u need ones for S6
correct, when I ordered the mine I just emailed his from his websites email address. told him what I wanted and asked him to send me an invoice via paypal and sent payment. he ships really fast, I got the links in 2 days delivered from the UK to California.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

I just want to better understand…

You can lower an S6 or S7 by simply installing these links? Is it something you can do yourself, or do you need a shop to install it?

What are the other options? The crazy $2k module? and i see some are saying their dealership did it for free? How does the dealership do it? Can it be done through vagcom?
Old 01-12-2014, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SlammedR8
You can lower an S6 or S7 by simply installing these links? Is it something you can do yourself, or do you need a shop to install it?
Yes you can lower the S6/7 by installing those links. Depending on how handy you are, it is possible to install them your self.

If you have enough mechanical knowledge and some hand tools, you could possibly make them your self. They are selling shorter, adjustable links. The danger is that you don't know how much that they can be shortened and not cause damage. You don't want to wreak a air bag or bounce off a suspension bump stop.

What are the other options? The crazy $2k module? and i see some are saying their dealership did it for free? How does the dealership do it? Can it be done through vagcom?
Yes you could buy the module or have the dealership lower it through vag-com.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can lower an S6 through Vag-Com? Well hell, I don't need to talk to my dealer then. Just call up a guy I know with a Vag-Com. Are you sure about that?
Old 01-12-2014, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SierraBravo
Are you sure about that?
Others have posted that some dealers will lower and some won't. I don't know how much a dealer can or will lower it.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Others have posted that some dealers will lower and some won't. I don't know how much a dealer can or will lower it.
My question was not about the dealers willingness to do it. The question is: How is it done?

From other threads my impression was that it had to be done by one of Audi's computers, in one of their service depts. Not Vag-Com.

Quick Reply: S6 lowered with links and rims installed