S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

H&R ETS module Installed

Old 12-11-2013, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default H&R ETS module Installed

Picked it up yesterday from Eurocode tuning in SoCal yesterday afternoon, and I installed it in the parking lot. It was very easy. Took me about 10 minutes. To remove the cubby pannel pull the bar that holds the net in place, twist the bar holder to relese and pull the pannel out. Find the right connectors per instruction. Keep in mind each connector has a locking tab that you have to press in order to release when you are pulling the coneector out of the OEM connector. Find the mating part on the H&R and then plug on the small black connector to H&R and you are done. Secure the module and put the cubby back together and you are done. The black connector to H&R was a little tough to get inserted...I usualy break things on the last step so I was extra careful.

Setting from H&R drops the car to the lowest setting. It is very low, too low in my opinion. My wheels were in the fender. I have adjusted now so in Dynamic it is 27" from ground in front and 27 1/4 in rear. Still might be too low but I wanted to get a feel for this height on my drive today. It is tough to get front and rear to be the same, but will do some fine tuning over the weekend. The screws to adjust are tiny...I am using a small flat head from a eyeglass repair kit I had for some reason. The kit did not come with velcro or tie wrap...I thought it did.

The ride is not impacted too much, but it does ride a little stiffer in Dynamic. It is still smooth, but you can feel the difference. In Comfort, the ride seems to have no impact at the new level.Perfect, this is what I wanted

Performance...I have a long sweeping uphill turn near home that I ran as fast as I felt safe a few days ago, then did it again last night. I went 10 MPH faster and could have gone more. The turn in feels much better and through the turn I had more control. Steering seems to have more feel and response, but that could just be me.

I was looking for something that would not impact the ride very much and give me the ability to get the ride hight where I wanted for looks. If I could get better performance it would be a plus, my 3rd want. I feel I got everything I wanted with this mod and if you are thinking about doing it but worried about the ride becoming harsh, I can tell you that it is not. I have put springs on before (S5) and had that moment of regret after the install...no regret at all on this one. I may end up getting some spacers to push the wheels out 1/4 inch...maybe.

Thanks to those that have posted before me about this mod. Hope this helps anyone looking for more info.

Last point, the guys at Eurocode have been great to work with. I recommend them if you are looking to deal with Audi enthusiast. They recently took second place in some type of competition, I think it was in Eurotuning magazine, and they were more excited at how well the S6 performed than taking 2nd place. This is my take as a customer, they did not ask for a recommendation. I'm not sure they need it, as each time I have been there they had several Audi's getting work done. Check out their facebook page under eurocode to see some cool pics.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DGS4
It is tough to get front and rear to be the same, but will do some fine tuning over the weekend. The screws to adjust are tiny...I am using a small flat head from a eyeglass repair kit I had for some reason. The kit did not come with velcro or tie wrap...I thought it did.
Yeah, I've noticed the rear is always slightly higher than the front no matter how many times I've adjusted it. Let me know if you achieve success.

There was velcro and cable ties in the box when I installed mine.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics with your howto, along with the car plz.

Picked it up yesterday from Eurocode tuning in SoCal yesterday afternoon, and I installed it in the parking lot. It was very easy. Took me about 10 minutes. To remove the cubby pannel pull the bar that holds the net in place, twist the bar holder to relese and pull the pannel out. Find the right connectors per instruction. Keep in mind each connector has a locking tab that you have to press in order to release when you are pulling the coneector out of the OEM connector. Find the mating part on the H&R and then plug on the small black connector to H&R and you are done. Secure the module and put the cubby back together and you are done. The black connector to H&R was a little tough to get inserted...I usualy break things on the last step so I was extra careful.

Setting from H&R drops the car to the lowest setting. It is very low, too low in my opinion. My wheels were in the fender. I have adjusted now so in Dynamic it is 27" from ground in front and 27 1/4 in rear. Still might be too low but I wanted to get a feel for this height on my drive today. It is tough to get front and rear to be the same, but will do some fine tuning over the weekend. The screws to adjust are tiny...I am using a small flat head from a eyeglass repair kit I had for some reason. The kit did not come with velcro or tie wrap...I thought it did.

The ride is not impacted too much, but it does ride a little stiffer in Dynamic. It is still smooth, but you can feel the difference. In Comfort, the ride seems to have no impact at the new level.Perfect, this is what I wanted

Performance...I have a long sweeping uphill turn near home that I ran as fast as I felt safe a few days ago, then did it again last night. I went 10 MPH faster and could have gone more. The turn in feels much better and through the turn I had more control. Steering seems to have more feel and response, but that could just be me.

I was looking for something that would not impact the ride very much and give me the ability to get the ride hight where I wanted for looks. If I could get better performance it would be a plus, my 3rd want. I feel I got everything I wanted with this mod and if you are thinking about doing it but worried about the ride becoming harsh, I can tell you that it is not. I have put springs on before (S5) and had that moment of regret after the install...no regret at all on this one. I may end up getting some spacers to push the wheels out 1/4 inch...maybe.

Thanks to those that have posted before me about this mod. Hope this helps anyone looking for more info.

Last point, the guys at Eurocode have been great to work with. I recommend them if you are looking to deal with Audi enthusiast. They recently took second place in some type of competition, I think it was in Eurotuning magazine, and they were more excited at how well the S6 performed than taking 2nd place. This is my take as a customer, they did not ask for a recommendation. I'm not sure they need it, as each time I have been there they had several Audi's getting work done. Check out their facebook page under eurocode to see some cool pics.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here are some pics in Dynamic mode. Front is 26 3/4 and rear is 27. I think this is still a little too low. I will make time to park so the sun gives some better light.

I tried to name the photos, but one is in dynamic, the other in comfort. Hopefully the pic names show up.
Attached Images   
Old 12-13-2013, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

they look the same to me lol

So, how do you adjust height--does it show up in the MMI ... need to find a manual somewhere..
Old 12-13-2013, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
they look the same to me lol

So, how do you adjust height--does it show up in the MMI ... need to find a manual somewhere..
Per original post... "It is tough to get front and rear to be the same, but will do some fine tuning over the weekend. The screws to adjust are tiny...I am using a small flat head from a eyeglass repair kit I had for some reason."

You basically turn screws on the unit itself.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

The screws to adjust are tiny...I am using a small flat head from a eyeglass repair kit I had for some reason.
Might work if you could fashion some sort of larger **** (1/2" - 1") attached to a small screw head which would allow you to make finer adjustments. You could pull a small screw head insert from one of those micro screwdriver sets.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:29 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Was your Daytona grey S6 a special order to get that color?
Old 12-13-2013, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4thrills
Per original post... "It is tough to get front and rear to be the same, but will do some fine tuning over the weekend. The screws to adjust are tiny...I am using a small flat head from a eyeglass repair kit I had for some reason."

You basically turn screws on the unit itself.
Ah yes, i should learn to read

So everytime you want to adjust it, you have to go to the back and adjust the height (after removing that panel)? Seems like it could be tough to get all sides level? I may stick with the car as-is (semi-lowered by audi)..
Old 12-13-2013, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
So everytime you want to adjust it, you have to go to the back and adjust the height (after removing that panel)? Seems like it could be tough to get all sides level? I may stick with the car as-is (semi-lowered by audi)..
Anytime you want to adjust the H&R ETS module's height, you have to adjust the set screws. I currently have my unit cable-tied to the net, so it's easy to adjust (I just lean in and adjust it with a small flat head screwdriver).

Once you have the height setup to your liking through the H&R module, you can then adjust the MMI from inside the car for the basic air suspension height adjustments (i.e. selecting comfort, auto, dynamic, or raise/lower).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H&R ETS module Installed