Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Pure Protection Term Care Select

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Pure Protection Term Care Select

I'm wondering what the thoughts are on this program. New Q5 purchased today and this 4 year program was pitched for $1,200. It covers new advanced keys, brake pads, battery, lights, belts , hoses and an alignment. Worth it?
Old 04-16-2014, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rudymon
I'm wondering what the thoughts are on this program. New Q5 purchased today and this 4 year program was pitched for $1,200. It covers new advanced keys, brake pads, battery, lights, belts , hoses and an alignment. Worth it?
That seems high to me for things you may or not need. Personally I 'd rather have the $1200 in my pocket vs. the dealers.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rudymon
$1.2k? Umm my dealer offered me the same for $850, which I took in addition to the Care Plus.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well I didn't push for a lower cost, shame on me. Also regarding the point of paying for things I may never use... it was sold based on the fact that I can have all those items changed toward the end of the term regardless I'd they were triggered or not. Since I keep cars for a long time, grabbing a couple extra advanced keys, new brake pads, wipers, belts etc in 4 years seemed to be a good deal. A great deal if I could negotiate better price
Old 01-27-2015, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A question regarding this Term Care... in addition to the items rudymon indicated (brake pads, etc.), it basically extends the warranty to 48 months/60,000 miles.

I heard that once purchased, you could get a (pro-rated) refund from the dealer if you never use it. Does anyone have an idea how the pro-rating would / should work?

For example if the car is 2 years old would you get half of the $1200 back?
Or would the mileage enter in to the calculation?

Any thoughts or experience with this would be appreciated.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was sold this too but cancelled it. My SA (not from the dealer where I bought the Q5) said it was not worth it.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my guess is they will only do the services if they are needed..so if you are close to the end of the plan and you don't need brake pads..you won't get break pads..etc..but that is just my guess..
Old 01-27-2015, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SJGQ5
my guess is they will only do the services if they are needed..so if you are close to the end of the plan and you don't need brake pads..you won't get break pads..etc..but that is just my guess..
And it excludes the rotors... you have to pay for them.
Attached Files
Old 01-28-2015, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you trade the vehicle before 40 or even 45K, its not even close to being a good deal.
But if not, you will need a brake job before 60K, and possible a battery, so the pads, battery and a set of not so cheap wipers at the very least add up to what, maybe $350 anyway, before the extra 10K worth of warranty coverage is considered. Or an Audi key FOB which I had go through a washing machine a couple years ago.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRomulus
If you trade the vehicle before 40 or even 45K, its not even close to being a good deal.
But if not, you will need a brake job before 60K, and possible a battery, so the pads, battery and a set of not so cheap wipers at the very least add up to what, maybe $350 anyway, before the extra 10K worth of warranty coverage is considered. Or an Audi key FOB which I had go through a washing machine a couple years ago.
anybody know what the battery for a TDI sells for? Being diesel, can't be cheap..or likely easy to find..

Quick Reply: Audi Pure Protection Term Care Select