Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2010 S5 Recall

Old 04-09-2014, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 S5 Recall

I just ran my VIN on Audi website and the following recall showed up:

Description: S-SERV_ACT - ECM Software

Has anyone done the recall? and if yes, was there any change in performance after the recall.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2014, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe all owners of cars with the 4.2L V8 are getting a notice for ECU reprogramming to deal with an issue involving misfires that may cause a MIL (check engine light). I got mine in the mail this week. So far only a small number of people have had this done, and so far at least with no reported change in performance of the car. Interestingly, the notice staes in bold letters that if the ECU has been reprogrammed ("chipped" or "flashed") then the ECU is considered out of warranty and the upgrade will not be performed. I suspect that only a very small percentage of people have done this on the V8, given the high cost and modest performance improvements you can get from a remapping the engine. Nevertheless, it's a shot over the bow of the after-market remapping industry.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by v739

Has anyone done the recall? and if yes, was there any change in performance after the recall.

Thanks
That's interesting. I also have a '10 S5 coupe and I just ran the VIN on the Audi website and it says, "This vehicle does not have an open campaign."
Old 04-13-2014, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Antique-ace
That's interesting. I also have a '10 S5 coupe and I just ran the VIN on the Audi website and it says, "This vehicle does not have an open campaign."
The campaign applies only to 2008-2012 S5's with the 4.2L engine and manual transmission. Do you have an automatic?
Old 04-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just got the letter in the mail.
I have a 2010 S5 with the 6MT and have not yet gotten the MIL indicated in the campaign (I scan my ECU every month or two with the VCDS software/cable)...

YMMV. I documented this as a "perhaps" issue and will take advantage of it if/when it realizes itself...
Old 04-14-2014, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Antique-ace
Yep, I have an AT so that explains why mine isn't included in this campaign.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by v739

Thanks
No change in performance here
Old 04-18-2014, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had my 2010 AT in for a quick oil and filter change last month. My service advisor come and told me there was a refash for the ECU and it would take about an hour. Two hours later I was still there so they put me in a loner for the weekend( 2014 cayman not bad). When I came picked my car up Monday I was told the ECU crashed and would not take the update. I guess it is a win I have a brand new ECU but no noticeable difference on power, I have seen a little improvement in gas mileage
Old 04-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did get this refresh done on the 17th. They said it would cure my CEL (coincidentally I was there for my CEL of a Cold Engine Misfire, and they said the new ECU software was released on the 15th and should cure it)

This didn't cure my issue and they eventually had to clean the intake valves, but one thing I have noticed after the ECU update is that the rev limiter/ fuel cut-off hits sooner. Like 400-800 RPMs sooner. I swear I used to be able to rev my 2012 S5 V8 just slightly past the red there, and now the rev limiter kicks in slightly sooner before I hit the red.

Other then that feels the same I guess. I'd love to see a car dyno'd before and after this update. Just curious.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the reflash done when I swapped my winter wheels for my summers. I havent noticed any difference in performance. I have noticed improved fuel economy. I just recently move a little further away from work though, so im not sure if that is it or not. I used to like like 4 min from work, now its like 10, lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 S5 Recall