A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Can someone help me ID these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 01:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me ID these wheels?

I'm getting ready to sell a set of Audi wheels that I've had for a couple years but for the life of me I can't remember the model number, "name/style" or specs (besides 5x112, lol). Bought them a couple years ago from another member but can't remember who. Can anyone clue me in on all the important details?

Thanks guys!
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2013, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Those are B7 A4 wheels:

Part Number: 8E0-601-025-AS (8E0601025AS)
ALLOY WHEEL 7.5JX17 H2 ET45 5x112
http://parts.audiofalexandria.com/pr...252dAS%29.html
Old 12-01-2013, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by OGBULLYLOCDAWG
Those are B7 A4 wheels:

Part Number: 8E0-601-025-AS (8E0601025AS)
ALLOY WHEEL 7.5JX17 H2 ET45 5x112
http://parts.audiofalexandria.com/pr...252dAS%29.html
Awesome! Those are totally it! Thank you so much!

Slightly off topic question, but I had some horrible front inside tire shoulder wear compared to the rest of the tire. (I did drive the car hard and this was my first time using very soft tires, the Michelin Pilot Super Sport) I did a rotation myself just from the front back to the rear but after two summer seasons those things were worn so bad that I needed to replace them. Think that had anything to do with them being mounted on those wheels as compared to my BBS RC wheel's that were a factory option for the C5 A6? I've only even had winter tires on the BBS's since they're a little marked up from a previous owner anyway and have had a hard time figuring out if the fit or offset of the above B7 A4 wheels are causing the uneven wear, or if it's just from the Super Sports and needing a far more aggressive rotation...

(The winter tires, XIce Xi2's, on the BBS's have held up for four winter season (though they're at 5/32s now) and I've had alignment checked and it's spot on.)
Old 12-01-2013, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checked alignment on your car? Either toe or camber to blame.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Check for front end play and alignment.Sounds like toe to me.

If offset is not correct that could aggravate (but not cause) the situation, otherwise the wheels were nto the culprit.

Grant
Old 12-01-2013, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Just Me
Check for front end play and alignment.Sounds like toe to me.

If offset is not correct that could aggravate (but not cause) the situation, otherwise the wheels were nto the culprit.

Grant
Ya, alignment was good when I had the dealership check it. Offset on my BBS RCs I think is ET43 compared to the ET45 offset of these A4 wheels. Not sure if the offset is specific to the wheel or to the suspension setup on the car. Either way I didn't think that small of a difference would cause them to wear so heavy on the inside inch or so of the fronts... Either way I want to get rid of these wheels since they're in better condition then the BBS's and move down to 16s (215/55) in the winter and get some new summer tires later for the BBS's in the summer...
Old 12-02-2013, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by acarney
Ya, alignment was good when I had the dealership check it. Offset on my BBS RCs I think is ET43 compared to the ET45 offset of these A4 wheels. Not sure if the offset is specific to the wheel or to the suspension setup on the car. Either way I didn't think that small of a difference would cause them to wear so heavy on the inside inch or so of the fronts... Either way I want to get rid of these wheels since they're in better condition then the BBS's and move down to 16s (215/55) in the winter and get some new summer tires later for the BBS's in the summer...
And when was that? Several years ago when you bought the B4 wheels? Stuff happens, likely the alignment is off.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
And when was that? Several years ago when you bought the B4 wheels? Stuff happens, likely the alignment is off.
It was right after I pulled the summer wheels off and put on my winter ones and noticed how bad the summer wheels were worn. Would the alignment be slightly different depending on if the A4 B4 wheels were on vs the BBS RCs? I kept thinking the alignment was off too but the dealership told me it was within specs when they started but they were able to dial it in even closer to ideals. I asked for a print out report (because I couldn't believe they said it was ok to begin with) and sure enough the report they printed for my car seemed within factory recommendations. Again, this was my first time with soft tires and I drove them fairly "fun" and hard (not track, but just fun on freeway on ramps that curve around, etc). Maybe this was normal wear for them, I was just surprised the inside shoulders basically were slicks while the middle and outside shoulder still showed the "small" groves these tires start with.

Haven't noticed any uneven wear on the Xice winter tires, but again, drive softly on them in the winter and don't run them too early/late in the season...