Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Get yer' Prepaid Audi Connect!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
If this is true its kind of a shame, that's probably more than I need to spend.
I pulled out the terms and conditions. The only thing even close to what you describe is that they can suspend your account if the balance is 0 for more than 30 days.

As 1chromicorn stated you shouldn't need to add money as long as you are not at zero. they should reactivate as long as you have balance.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I pulled out the terms and conditions. The only thing even close to what you describe is that they can suspend your account if the balance is 0 for more than 30 days.

As 1chromicorn stated you shouldn't need to add money as long as you are not at zero. they should reactivate as long as you have balance.
I had the same issue with my Truphone Sim. Stopped working even though I had money remaining on it. I thought perhaps because a lack of usage as I hadn't used it for 2 months or so.

I contacted their customer support via email and was told the same - that it went into a suspended state because I had not topped up within the last 3 months. They gave me $5 free credit and that reactivated it - but its seems the comment about needing to top up once every 3 months is correct. Even though to me it makes no sense since it is not in their terms and conditions and if you have money remaining on you account, why the need to top up.

I wouldn't mind it if the top up was $5 every 3 months - but I don't use the $15 of credit every 3 months

Last edited by Maverick61; 04-17-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61
I had the same issue with my Truphone Sim. Stopped working even though I had money remaining on it. I thought perhaps because a lack of usage as I hadn't used it for 2 months or so.

I contacted their customer support via email and was told the same - that it went into a suspended state because I had not topped up within the last 3 months. They gave me $5 free credit and that reactivated it - but its seems the comment about needing to top up once every 3 months is correct. Even though to me it makes no sense since it is not in their terms and conditions and if you have money remaining on you account, why the need to top up.

I wouldn't mind it if the top up was $5 every 3 months - but I don't use the $15 of credit every 3 months
As long as they give a free credit that's fine. But they can't impose a fee by forcing a top up every 3 months without changing the ToS
Old 05-15-2014, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just installed my Truphone SIM, and all Google searches/Google Earth/etc. work great... EXCEPT the verbal command, "Online Destination PLACENAME." No matter what word(s) I use for PLACENAME, the system comes back with "Online destinations. Please wait. The search keyword was not recognized." However, when I type in the word(s) instead, I get perfect results.

All of my other voice commands are recognized without a problem.

I popped in the original T-Mobile SIM, because I've used that voice command successfully for several months. The exact same result happens. Seems like it may be a server issue. No posts on this or any site refer to this error message.

Can somebody here try the verbal command and let me know if you get the same result? Thanks.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by quillson
Just installed my Truphone SIM, and all Google searches/Google Earth/etc. work great... EXCEPT the verbal command, "Online Destination PLACENAME." No matter what word(s) I use for PLACENAME, the system comes back with "Online destinations. Please wait. The search keyword was not recognized." However, when I type in the word(s) instead, I get perfect results.

I popped in the original T-Mobile SIM, because I've used that voice command successfully for several months. The exact same result happens. Seems like it may be a server issue. No posts on this or any site refer to this error message.

Can somebody here try the verbal command and let me know if you get the same result? Thanks.
Uh oh! I just placed my order for one yesterday. First I've heard of this issue. I do however remember a few months back Audi announced improvements to the system and my voice commands being flawless since. Before it was how you are describing now. Gotta be isolated as no one else has complained about it.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Same here. Must be a temp google or Audi Connect server issue.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Have you tried saying "Google search"? I've been using that command since the" update ". Tried it just now and it works. Still on the T-Mobile card at the moment with 5 days left on the trial period. Hoping to have the Truphone sim by Monday.

Last edited by BigDawg; 05-16-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawg
Have you tried saying "Google search"? I've been using that command since the" update ". Tried it just now and it works. Still on the T-Mobile card at the moment with 5 days left on the trial period. Hoping to have the Truphone sim by Monday.
That isn't it. The voice syntax "online destinations (POI name)" navigates to the proper screen and after searching for a bit it comes back with the error message. If the syntax wasn't recognized, it wouldn't go to the online destination screen at all (also my MMI 715-2 update was done months ago). It worked fine yesterday so I'm assuming it will be back working soon. I'll also try rebotting the MMI but I doubt that will do anything in this case.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think there are some issues last few days, I have legit Audi connect via tmobile and I was getting the same error on keywords. I am a bit diss pointed in Audi Connect. In eight months I have been hit and miss on when things work and when the don't, and tmobile coverage sucks.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay, just got my Truphone Sim(thanks OP) and got it up and running with no issues. A quick question for clarification of what Ive read so far. I just had my 5k service done and they updated my MMI from 715 to 715-2 so I gather my GE cache is gone. I have a few days left on my trial sub. What is the best way to cache the most data for GE using the trial SIM before it expires? I figure I may as well use it before I lose it. I guess zooming in close caches more data?? Also, if I activate roaming, does that force it to AT&T? I did quick 2 mile round with the Tru SIM and it was on 3G the whole time but I know AT&T is stronger in my area but I guess AT&T only works @ 2g speed? I plan to use it the same way I have for the last six months with the exception of streaming Google Play Music. I have GE activated,use gas prices roughly twice a week and maybe news and weather twice a month. I will see after a month what my" real " cost is. Thanks again OP.

Quick Reply: Get yer' Prepaid Audi Connect!