Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Blizzak MZ-02's update ( long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-1999, 09:40 AM
Cool Craig

Default Blizzak MZ-02's update ( long)

As promised, an update on the installation and performance of these babies on my 98tqms. The tires are 195/65/15 Q mounted on solid 15" wheels and #12 caps from Tire Rack. The tires went on with the original bolts, the covers look pretty cool, but the latest update on the TR link shows some newer cooler ones!! ( I took the #12 suggestions from another lister, thanks!!) The performance of the -02s is much better than expected, especially the differences from std. Blizzaks. They seem to lend more towards touring performance, than straight snowtire. They do fold over (65's) and they are noiseier than a std tire, but with the sport pak, I have never had an M+S tire mounted so I would not know how they feel in comparison. The tread design is radically different and they really work well in snow, water and slush, I now have a Panzer tank in Laser Red!!! Braking is completely different, with almost total control and no ' oh $%!#' occurences like I had with the 8000E's. On-ramps remain fun, although I am concerned that the compound will wear VERY FAST under ABUSE, so I will leave the abusing to the Dunlops, later in the spring. Updates will follow as I break them in and get some cold snowy time under my belt.<p>