Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

interior led lights on sq5

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koobah
No need to get offensive. By searching I meant this forum not google, which obviously you didn't because the interior LEDs have been discussed here numerous times.
I was simply referencing google because they have since inception changed the world of searching. to the point their name is now an adjective in Webster. I did search this forum or I wouldn't have asked the question. I don't need to be told to go search if you didn't feel like answering me then don't answer at all its ok. again I have read all posts pertaining to the sq5 on this forum if you think the answer has been stated prior go find it for me. Maybe im wrong.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes tunerdomes are $129 the others are $69. What's the difference??
Old 01-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
im not entirely sure, I'm that guy that normally spends more not to miss out on something better but I'd really rather be informed first...

I saw a few posts from people blasting those who paid extra for the same thing... just not sure if one kit is missing something or of lower quality.. will look into it further
Old 01-08-2014, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlnike
I was simply referencing google because they have since inception changed the world of searching. to the point their name is now an adjective in Webster. I did search this forum or I wouldn't have asked the question. I don't need to be told to go search if you didn't feel like answering me then don't answer at all its ok. again I have read all posts pertaining to the sq5 on this forum if you think the answer has been stated prior go find it for me. Maybe im wrong.
No need to lecture about google, I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the term. Not sure what you've searched for because you can usually find good info on subjects that have been covered extensively, especially considering you're a new member. Here you go: https://forums.audiworld.com/search....archid=6757518
Old 01-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by koobah
No need to lecture about google, I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the term. Not sure what you've searched for because you can usually find good info on subjects that have been covered extensively, especially considering you're a new member. Here you go: https://forums.audiworld.com/search....archid=6757518
thanks koobah
kinda funny that it was your post I missed stating 2014 has license plate lights that are led but the rest I need from the kit. ya saved me a few bucks tonight.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
nobody seems to have a good review of xtralights product so for the gooder good I ordered them and will report back. total bill was sub 80 bucks. I should have them and installed next week if you wanna hold off I will let you know how they are.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

nobody seems to have a good review of xtralights product so for the gooder good I ordered them and will report back. total bill was sub 80 bucks. I should have them and installed next week if you wanna hold off I will let you know how they are.
Ok great I will hold off!!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

the SQ5 does not have all LED interior lights. The footwell lights are LED. I replaced all my interior and door lights (note the doors have TWO lights each) with cheap eBay LEDS. While they made a good difference and now all my lights are pure white, they are not as bright as more expensive LEDS (i.e. VLEDS). However, they are still much brighter then the stock bulbs.

They were pretty easy to swap out as well, no biggie.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be curious to know about xtralight also. I looked at their website and while it appears to be legit, their product reviews are sketchy. It's like the same person, who writes like English was not his first language, wrote all the "reviews".

Good luck, I hope this works out. At least we're not talking about much money for the risk.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mentioned (and posted pics) about some lights I used in the boot and in the bottom door lights...They are more expensive but they are fantastic.

I went with the cheap options the rest away round though.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2856423&page=6

Quick Reply: interior led lights on sq5