S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2014 S tronic pricing question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 S tronic pricing question

I have been in the market for a 2014 S4 and was planning to order one in the next 2-3 months. If I special order, I'll get estoril blue, black/brown leather, nav, sports diff, B&O, carbon atlas inlays, stock 18s with summer tires, side assist and (probably) adaptive suspension. I have no problem waiting a few months for delivery, my current vehicle is a low mileage 2000 Lexus GS400 that runs like a champ.

Yesterday I got a call from my local dealer that they have a car in stock that is pretty close to what I'd order. Estoril blue, black leather, nav, sports diff, B&O, carbon atlas, and the 19" package. I don't really want the 19s (worried about curb rash), but it's not that big a deal. Other differences are nothing I couldn't live with or without, as the case may be. My wife and I are going to look at it this afternoon.

MSRP including destination is $59,020. I am an Audi Club member and have a certificate for the 6% supplier discount, which brings it down to $55,478. Based on my internet research, invoice price for this configuration appears to $54,939, so the 6% discount puts me roughly $500 over invoice. That seems like a reasonable deal to me. According to their website, dealer has 16 S4s in stock at the moment, including several in estoril blue, though this one is closest to what I'd order.

Any thoughts about the price? I'd be happy to take this car if they make it worth my while, but do I have any room to do better than MSRP minus 6%? I'll also be looking to add Audi Care. There's a $1,000 loyalty bonus for Lexus owners switching to Audi, but it only applies to 2001 or newer, and mine's a 2000. Thanks for any thoughts or advice.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just purchased a similar model, in manual and I got it for about $55,000.

That included the Audi Care and $1,200 for a package the protects me from paying for dings, busted wheels and small cracks in the windshield.

I can get the exact number if you want.

That said, I had less bargaining options. I am adamant about driving stick and there are few around.

If you are willing to play the game and shop around, I bet you could get a better deal that I did.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Since 2% of the ACNA discount is reimbursed by Audi to the dealer, in effect, the dealer is givng a 4% net discount. That leaves 3% profit for the dealer from invoice, or in your case, about $1500. While I've not had a lot of success in my area getting much more than the ACNA or Supplier 6%, there is a fair possibility you can get a bit more in negotiation.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, this info is very helpful. I think the best thing I have going for me is I don't feel like I have to have THIS car, if the numbers don't work I'll walk away and order one later. The last time I bought a new car was in 2003, the dealer had a just-off-the-truck M3 in the color I liked, and it was all over the minute I saw it. Not a lot of bargaining power in that scenario. I have no problem with the dealer making a decent profit, but the ACNA discount gets me to a decent number and I'll just see if they can do any better.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did the deal last night and I am now the happy owner of a new 2014 S4. S tronic, nav, estoril blue w/black leather, B&O, carbon atlas inlays, sports diff, 19" wheel package. Pics to come, it was late last night when I got it home and still dark this morning when I drove to work. Here's a lousy iPhone pic:

Name:  2014S4.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  122.9 KB

Basically, the sales guy was going to give me the ACNA 6% and that's it. I asked him to throw in Audi Care and he said he couldn't do that. So I said, OK, if you're not giving me any reason to take this car over the car I'd order, I'll come back next week to place the order. As we were preparing to walk out, he said he could cover half of Audi Care and, if I was leasing, Audi would cover the first month's payment. Done. I probably could have haggled a bit more but I'm happy with the deal.

Driving to work this morning was fun, even in the rain. Saturday's project is cleaning out the garage to make room for the S4 before winter arrives on Sunday.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

OK, had a chance to clean off the salt this weekend and take some better pics. Keeping this color clean is going to be a challenge, but it looks great when you do.

Name:  P1050291.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  179.0 KB

Name:  P1050284.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  135.4 KB

Name:  P1050286.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  104.3 KB

Name:  P1050292.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  65.7 KB
Old 12-16-2013, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Car looks great! Here is a recent thread about that color.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2858434
Old 12-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they zoomed you on the Audicare. When leasing, having Audicare raises the residual by 1%. Thus it lowers the lease payment. Dealer can lease the same car for less money if you have the Audicare. My Dealer threw in the Audicare for no extra cost to me Vs the lease I had negotiated without it. No big deal though. BTW. Be careful with the Estoril paint. Many have noted that it gats fine scratches very easily. Otherwise, enjoy!

Last edited by DrGP; 12-16-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, I saw the paint thread. Fortunately, I'm not as **** as I used to be about stuff like that, so I think it'll be fine. After spending the last seven years driving a 2000 Lexus GS400 with a scatched-to-hell bumper and minor dings, my tolerance for less-than-perfect finishes went up a bit. I love the color, but I will try to be careful with it.

As for the lease payment and Audi Care, you may well be right. This is my first lease, and honestly I went in expecting to buy. The lease was a somewhat spur-of-the-moment decision to bring down the payment and preserve some flexibility, and I admittedly didn't (and still don't) understand the finer points of leasing. Not going to lose any sleep over it, because I love the car.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on the new ride!!! I would not suggest driving that car in the snow with the 19" summer tires.

Quick Reply: 2014 S tronic pricing question