S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Throttle delay...lag...whatever, is driving me nuts.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, isn't that sad. What is Audi doing about this issue? I was reminded about the DANGER in it when I took a left onto a busy street in D, hit the gas and it paused for a few seconds then lurched me forward like a rocket. Bad news!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Damn

I've been following this thread. My s6 ordered in November, still waiting to hear when it will arrive. Had to put 10% down.

Reading this thread makes me wish I could back out of the deal, but I think I'm stuck.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

I love the car and wouldn't return it even if iI could. If they don't fix it or update it by the time I hit 5k miles I'm just going to get the APR tune which seems to eliminate it, whatever it is.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SMK_RS4
The suggestion to use VAGCOM to determine if the throttle is registering when it's pressed, or however it was explained, is a great idea. How do I do this? I have the cable and software, just don't know what to do.
Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Block 62 sounds like what I remember from the 2.7T: two redundant sensors on the pedal and two on the throttle plate itself. You should be able to see the plate follow the pedal...
Did you ever get a chance to try this?

Also, it might help if folks would post up the part #, software revision, etc from their TCUs. There's been a lot of talk about TSBs - which appear to involve reflashing the TCU, so knowing which revisions are "good" and "bad" would probably help others.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
Yeah, isn't that sad. What is Audi doing about this issue? I was reminded about the DANGER in it when I took a left onto a busy street in D, hit the gas and it paused for a few seconds then lurched me forward like a rocket. Bad news!
Isn't what sad? That tremendo preferred the supercharged A6 and saved $20K by buying that instead? I don't think that's sad at all.

No disrespect to tremendo but I spent over an hour test-driving an S-tronic before deciding that it could possibly substitute for a manual transmission for me. When we were done, the salesman remarked that he'd learned more about S-tronic watching me analyze it than he had from all the Audi training materials and ride-alongs. I'm sure I'll redo and refine much of that when I get my car, as plenty of the behavior involved the different ADS settings.

It's pretty clear to me that the S6 isn't a one-size-fits-all or point-and-click car, so it's probably NOT going to make everyone who drives it happy. That's why there are multiple models in the lineup Not to mention that there's a marked "feel" difference between mechanically supercharged cars (like the 3.0T) and turbocharged cars (like the 4.0T). Some folks love one and hate the other. For me, the 3.0T didn't have enough grunt above my 2.7T, and lacks the altitude compensation of a modern turbocharger, so it didn't fit my needs (or wants).

As always, YMMV!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

No, I didn't mean it that way. Just sad that the lag issue exists. The implication was that if there wasn't any lag or if the car behaved the way it should he would have gone with the S6. I opted for the S6 over the BMW M5 because I preferred the interior of the Audi and I also saved $20k in the process. And the reality of the situation is that my average speed here in LA is 12mph, haha.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
the reality of the situation is that my average speed here in LA is 12mph, haha.
WTF?!?!? I guess you can do that with 400HP - last time I drove in LA, I think I only made 1/10 of that speed! Twin turbos, yo!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
tremendo preferred the supercharged A6 and saved $20K by buying that instead? I don't think that's sad at all.

No disrespect to tremendo but I spent over an hour test-driving an S-tronic before deciding that it could possibly substitute for a manual transmission for me.
It's all good, I actually did the same. I traded in a 6 speed M3 Convertible for my A6, I didn't expect to get the lower HP Audi, as I tried to be happy with the S6. I think they are both great cars, depending on your needs and driving styles.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Back on Halloween I test drove an S6 and did not experience the throttle delay. This included stepping on it into a turn from a stop. I went back and bought it 2 days later.

Here we are 2,000 miles and 2 1/2 months later and the car continues to perform great. I hope the problem gets sorted out soon for you guys.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GTS00021
I have an RS7 on order. I hope i dont experience this, it'll bug the hell out of me.
Same exact issue with my RS7. Posted about it on Audizine, and got murdered.

Quick Reply: Throttle delay...lag...whatever, is driving me nuts.