A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

APR Tuning Question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR Tuning Question.

hey guys & Gals,
I own a 2007 A4 Avant(B7) with 75000 miles, I was able to get the free trial that they have availble & I must say the car is a rocket if you comapare it to Stock, how ever one of my coils went very shortly after the tune, is there any one here that would go as far as saying No APR?????
if that is the case please say why.
I'm just waiting for APR to have the spring sale to go for the tune.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

ouch No answer to my question.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audi.horch
ouch No answer to my question.
it might be because you will find a fair amount of discussion if you search the archives.

i got APR for my B7 from the start (i had it on my B5 and knew i wanted it). i've blown two coils. are they related? the coils were generally faulty and eventually were subject to a recall. so did the APR push them over the edge? perhaps, but keep in mind that there were enough blown coils from stock owners to force a general audi recall. hard to blame that on APR. i have not blown a coil (knock on wood) since replacing all the old ones and i'm at approx 67k miles.

a number of members here recommend carrying spares and performing a quick roadside replacement. i think you'll find a thread that shows how to do it with pictures. i carry two spares (not costly) and have not needed to use them.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Go for it. There really is no correlation to the APR tuning and the coil pack failure, they're not doing anything different between stock and chipped modes really. The tuning software boosts the maximum pressure from the turbo and remaps the air and fuel to match it..The coil packs were part of a TSB and were replaced a while ago but like any electric component, can fail after prolonged use. I've used APR on two audis so far and am more than happy with it...over 40K on my B7 with the software and no issues related to it so far...

HTH,

Cheers,

Nick
Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audi.horch
hey guys & Gals,
I own a 2007 A4 Avant(B7) with 75000 miles, I was able to get the free trial that they have availble & I must say the car is a rocket if you comapare it to Stock, how ever one of my coils went very shortly after the tune, is there any one here that would go as far as saying No APR?????
if that is the case please say why.
I'm just waiting for APR to have the spring sale to go for the tune.
it would be coil pack in the first cylinder would it?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you guys for all the answers, I'm going for it as soon as APR decides to have a Spring Sale GIAC is having right now.

[QUOTE=suicideking;24116480]it would be coil pack in the first cylinder would it?[ /QUOTE]
How did you guess that?????
Old 03-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

lol mine is the same. I think its the pcv valve or because your cam follower has fail. I was going to get my ecu flashed by apr but now I'm taking it to the audi dealership and get it looked at and i think I'm going to pay out the *** for repair. =(
[QUOTE=audi.horch;24117338]Thank you guys for all the answers, I'm going for it as soon as APR decides to have a Spring Sale GIAC is having right now.

Originally Posted by suicideking
it would be coil pack in the first cylinder would it?[ /QUOTE]
How did you guess that?????