A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi does not want to fix my rockin driver seat

Old 04-14-2014, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Audi does not want to fix my rockin driver seat

Hi all.
I hope everything is going great. Warmer weather is upon us in Cleveland, Ohio.

I finally got my car back after 2 weeks at the dealership fixing minor stuffs.

Once of the issue was that my driver seat moved front to back a little when I brake hard. Initially they said they will fix it but when I go get my car, they told me they didn't fix it. They said they tried driving 2 other A8, one was better and the other was worse than mine. Lastly he said there wasn't a tsb ( service bulletin ) for it.

I thought there was a tsb but I did not argue with him. He was in the passenger seat rocking away to show me that a little give was ok.

Anyway, I just wanted to hear from you all about this.
BTW, I have the 2011 A8

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 04-14-2014, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

My dealer fixed my driver's seat which rocked/dipped in one corner when making sharp turns. They replaced the rail that the seat frame moves on. BTW, mine is a 2011 also. The service manager jerked on the bottom frame and rail and was able to re-create the movement, and then he did the same on a couple of other A8s to see how mine compared---there was no comparison, mine was far worse, so they ordered the new rail and did the fix. They said the seat came off fairly easily; just a few bolts...which in your case may just need some tightening.

Tell them the seat movement is unacceptable and not as designed. They should at the very least check to see if everything is tightened properly where the seat frame attaches to the rail.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
My dealer fixed my driver's seat which rocked/dipped in one corner when making sharp turns. They replaced the rail that the seat frame moves on. BTW, mine is a 2011 also. The service manager jerked on the bottom frame and rail and was able to re-create the movement, and then he did the same on a couple of other A8s to see how mine compared---there was no comparison, mine was far worse, so they ordered the new rail and did the fix. They said the seat came off fairly easily; just a few bolts...which in your case may just need some tightening.

Tell them the seat movement is unacceptable and not as designed. They should at the very least check to see if everything is tightened properly where the seat frame attaches to the rail.
Thanks derfA8L,
I just received an email from the service manager asking if I am happy with the work performed. Obviously I am not so happy. I will bring this up and see if he can do something about it. I think this is an safety issue as well as I won't know how soon the frame or rail would give way.