A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a plastic belly pan

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a plastic belly pan

Well, I've been looking for a plastic belly pan for a while and I looked in the classified and I found somebody that had one but we talked and I've never heard from him. If anybody has an extra one laying around or doesn't want it please feel free to pm me. I prefer most of the fasteners to be there but not required. The more the better. Thank you.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Check here, unless of course this is the classified ad you were talking about:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2861740
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's the guy I tried to contact but I can't get in contact with him. So that's why I put a post on here if anybody had one.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, the last few weeks have been busy. We moved into our house & our 2nd child was born!

I will be in contact with you & can ship you the belly pan this week.

I'm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default why replace?

My belly pan is hanging & my inclination is just to rip it off. Does it really matter? My own belly pan is also hanging but I fear that's a different issue.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by N2AK
My belly pan is hanging & my inclination is just to rip it off. Does it really matter? My own belly pan is also hanging but I fear that's a different issue.
There is no way I would drive my D3 without the belly pan for an extended length of time. You have all kinds of essential parts that that would be exposed to water, the alternator comes to mind. I would be certain you would shorten their life span. Get some hardware and get it fastened up, an inexpensive preventative maintenance procedure.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 03_AR_CO
There is no way I would drive my D3 without the belly pan for an extended length of time.
Agreed.
Aside from the water/dirt infiltration you noted, there are also aerodynamic reasons for it being there.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Belly Pan Still available

I still have the Belly Pan available if someone is looking to buy/replace their own.

Message me if interested.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Mine is held in place with zip-ties. Even the two outer front ones; I have to bend them just right and fish them through some relatively small (3/8) holes, using a headlamp that shines from practically between my eyes. Seems like every time I do an oil change another fastener was missing, so I bought some stout (I bet they're 4mm) heavy duty nylon zip-ties.

There is a replacement fastener kit available (ECS I think) but it's way high ($50+) for what you get. The problem is mechanics who put the shorter Dzus fasteners in the longer holes. Oh, and those stupid giant plastic fender-liner anchors!

Each and every location that had a fastener before has one now, before anyone starts lecturing me about safety.

Tom
Old 08-20-2015, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have an 08, so the belly pan is a bit longer and more expensive than the earlier models. Luckily I found a used one on eBay for cheap,so I snatched it up.
Since I had lost the 1st one somewhere on the highway, the rear rail where the fasteners attached to was completely mangled. I tried to straighten it, but it was too out of line.

Then I bought all the fasteners, and that was a waste of money. It tried to use the fasteners at first, but I could quickly see why these things pop off and go missing. After 2 hours of trying, I decided to go with very large zip ties all around.
This belly pan will not go missing again!

I also suck the oil from the dipstick tube, so I won't need to cut all 12 zip ties for awhile.

Quick Reply: Looking for a plastic belly pan