Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Newbie with ? on new A6 purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 06:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sine the car is equipped with auto stop/start, and because the issue is with the starter, I would avoid that car at all costs and pick one from a different dealer. Warranty or not, fixed or not, it would be enough to spook me from that specific car. Buy the car, not the deal.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, I didn't expect so many people to steer away from the car. It could be something simple/stupid that can be fixed and the car would be fine for the rest of its life. Of course its the OP's choice at the end of the day.

If you have time to wait, build a car that you like and wait for it to come in. If the incentives are very good, grab this one. It has warranty after all.

Good luck.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thanks everyone for your responses. we are certainly treading carefully here. the deal is a good deal BUT... does anyone feel that the 6 days they want to diagnose,fix and prep car seem a bit much here??
Old 02-01-2014, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

When dealing with the complexity of today's technologically advanced automobiles and their myriad of systems and parts, expectations of perfection is an elusive dream. There is no guarantee nor can there be an unreasonable expectation of perfection now or in the future with ownership, only the reality that something can and likely will go wrong at some point in time. Things will break. Things will be fixed.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by howardlee2
thanks everyone for your responses. we are certainly treading carefully here. the deal is a good deal BUT... does anyone feel that the 6 days they want to diagnose,fix and prep car seem a bit much here??
Doesn't seem long at all. Especially when 2 of those days are the weekend. Maybe they need to get the parts from Germany? A week seems about normal for a German car repair. Thats about how long all my BMW services lasted too.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Starter = Stranded

The starter on my 2006 A6 Wagon failed right after one of the car's services. It had been working intermittently but never did not work after several tries with me ending up pushing the brake pedal almost through the firewall. I noted this when I brought it in for the 25k service but they could not duplicate so no problem. They drove the car up for me to take it away. Fortunately they shut it down and nobody could get it restarted. Diagnosis; failed starter. I was given a loaner and they fixed it within 3 days. I consider myself very lucky since it might have failed anywhere and I think a tow back to a dealership would have been required.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My A6 is 3 months old and has been at the dealer for a few electrical issues. It's a little bit concerning to me but since I love already had it a few months I'm at the mercy of the dealer.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks everyone for your input. I understand those that say not to worry that there is a warranty. However, after thinking this through over the weekend we are not comfortable taking this car. Something just doesn't sit right with us and I think paying 66K for a car we shouldn't have lingering doubt. So we have decided to walk from this deal and will be considering ordering an A6.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yes, that seems far too long based on my experience with other European vehicles.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I understand those that say not to worry that there is a warranty. However, after thinking this through over the weekend we are not comfortable taking this car. Something just doesn't sit right with us and I think paying 66K for a car we shouldn't have lingering doubt. So we have decided to walk from this deal and will be considering ordering an A6.
Smart decision. I once had a Merkur that had a bunch of electronic gremlins, ended up being a real PITA. When you are buying something that costs 66K - why accept something that was broke to begin with.

Quick Reply: Newbie with ? on new A6 purchase