A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Rearview Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rearview Mirror

Hello Audi Lovers I Was Having An Issue With My Turn Signals. They would stick when i try to use this was before i had my rearview mirror installed. My mechanic told me that there the mirror and signals are linked together someway. The mirror is installed and the signals blink everynow and again but still dont work properly any ideas?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Zumajay
Hello Audi Lovers I Was Having An Issue With My Turn Signals. They would stick when i try to use this was before i had my rearview mirror installed. My mechanic told me that there the mirror and signals are linked together someway. The mirror is installed and the signals blink everynow and again but still dont work properly any ideas?
No.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

...My mechanic told me that there the mirror and signals are linked together someway.
Which incompetent mechanic told you this? If any, there maybe a common +12v wire. But, the battery would also be connected to that wouldn't it? So, it could be that as well? Oh these half-*** mechanics; always trying to steal money from innocent people...

...the signals blink everynow and again but still dont work properly any ideas?
Here is one idea: The flasher broke! The Hazard switch you see in the middle of dash, under that you'll see a flasher module. The hazard switch is just mounted directly on it. Anyway, you need to open it all the way until you can see circuitry. Then use a soldering Iron, some flux and re-solder/reheat all the joints. Your problem will be gone.

Seriously! I had the same problem and did this not too long ago. Either that or fork over $60+ for a new module.

Last edited by tester123; 12-29-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Your mechanic sounds like a guy i knew. When the stock market collapsed he said it was because his blender seized on a frozen chunk of peanut butter many years back, and overloaded the system. Then due to a momentary lapse in power in the Aitkin county reservoir lock and dam #3, several beaver dams were flooded. Releasing many parentless beavers into the Mississippi. Needless to say, those homeless beavers went on a killing spree. Killing thousands of trees and midgets to make bachelor pads. Bachelor pads for beavers. This task was not cheap or easy, especially when they need loans to build and furnish them. So the banks loaned a lot of cash to unwed, fatherless, rodents that had no intention on paying them back.

That is why the stock market crashed according to him. He then fixed my cigarette lighter by putting my spare tire in the sunroof and running a tig welder from the trunk into my cassette player via a power take off system from the driveshaft. I thought he shot himself into space with a Dyson vacuum rigged to a Lay Z Boy, but sounds like he's back working on cars.

You should go with Tester123's fix. Worked for me, and you don't have to let an idiot mechanic theorize wild fixes on your car.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nialist
....those homeless beavers went on a killing spree. Killing thousands of trees and midgets to make bachelor pads. Bachelor pads for beavers. This task was not cheap or easy, especially when they need loans to build and furnish them. So the banks loaned a lot of cash to unwed, fatherless, rodents that had no intention on paying them back. That is why the stock market crashed...
I knew it! Finally, the truth comes out!!! Wow, nature is so forgiving, isn't it?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default You ever look into this?

Or at least head over to your mechanic with any of this info? Or did he associate his reflection in that mirror of yours with himself and snap!? Maybe you should fix this one on your own…..