Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Reading the Owners Manuals for both Car and MMI Navigation Plus a must for A6

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reading the Owners Manuals for both Car and MMI Navigation Plus a must for A6

I always remember my sales adviser at BMW in 2004 telling me how amazed he was that most buyers of luxury automobiles never fully read, or even read at all, the owners manual that came with their cars (mine was a 545ia sport))and they had no idea of the features the car really offered them. Now compare the technology in a 2005 BMW 5 series, as advanced as it was for that time period, with the technology in the Audi A6. They are light years apart. In that 7 year time span hundreds of new features, major & minor, have been added to todays cars, and the Audi A6 in particular. I guess most of us in the US payed between $50,000/$68,000 for our A6's, and in countries overseas even a lot more for their cars. Doesn't that alone make it worth the time and effort to fully read the manuals to learn what these cars are trully capable of doing for us? Almost every question asked in this terrific, informative forum is answered in the Manuals and I often have to go back to the manual myself for the answer. As a for-instance, having the parking brake only releasing automatically as a safety feature if your seatbelt is fastened which is answered on page 74 as a tip.
Anyway IMHO, it would be foolish after spending this much money to own such a wonderful car that is loaded with great technological and SAFETY features to not fully utilize them. It is worth thinking about.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I always read the manual, pretty much cover to cover. Unfortauntely, I would love to be reading it today (pick mine up on Friday). It would have been nice if there was a PDF version I could review while waiting...
Old 07-08-2012, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I've been reading the freaking manuals for 2 days now. I finished War and Peace in less time than it will take me to get through this one. Almost.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by auditron
As a for-instance, having the parking brake only releasing automatically as a safety feature if your seatbelt is fastened which is answered on page 74 as a tip.
This is as good a place as any to start a list of cool features discovered in the manual or by chance in the car:

- There are two spring-loaded plastic grocery bag hangers in the trunk. Look on the trunk ceiling.
- When you are playing a CD or .mp3 and you spin the volume **** all the way down, it pauses the CD or .mp3 that is playing.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can click either volume control (the steering wheel one, or the console one) instead of spinning it all the way down to mute. And it will pause the CD/MP3/JukeBox playback while muted.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Small compartment under each of the front seats. Has anyone found a use for these? Will a compact umbrella fit?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Has anyone found a use for these? Will a compact umbrella fit?
There was one or two threads awhile back on these. Umbrella will fit. I also keep my radar detector in one when not is use, along with a couple microfiber towels.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default How about that! Who would have known--Car has secret compartments

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Small compartment under each of the front seats. Has anyone found a use for these? Will a compact umbrella fit?
I never knew they existed. I don't know what I will use them for as yet but good utilzation of space.
This is great, just add on to this thread with any other little known things or features this car might have of any kind that are not obvious to most of us. Yes, this is really a fun car.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have my backup glasses on one side and my vag com cable in the other compartment.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Great suggestions. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Reading the Owners Manuals for both Car and MMI Navigation Plus a must for A6