A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did your teacher ever call you "different"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did your teacher ever call you "different"?

As a happy owner of an A5 & a D3 I must admit that the content of the threads differs greatly. D3 owners seem to be more of an engineering type, battling the intricacies of marvelous machines ( have you ever wandered through the Phaeton section at VW Vortex?) while A5 owners seem more concerned about whether their new wheels will match their grille. I know this is a no win but thought I'd put it out there anyway.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by N2AK
As a happy owner of an A5 & a D3 I must admit that the content of the threads differs greatly. D3 owners seem to be more of an engineering type, battling the intricacies of marvelous machines ( have you ever wandered through the Phaeton section at VW Vortex?) while A5 owners seem more concerned about whether their new wheels will match their grille. I know this is a no win but thought I'd put it out there anyway.
Ok, I'll bite. I think the mechanicals of the A8 out weigh its aesthetic, so those initially drawn to the car have that in mind. I'm in the wheels matching the grille camp mostly because I'm a function following form guy, and partially because I'm seriously lacking in mechanical aptitude.

Every wheel conversation here quickly turns into a math class and after every AMI thread I earn an associates degree in electrical engineering. But the intelligence here has been incredibly helpful and has saved me a ton of money and trouble, so for that I am grateful.

Because the styling (S8 partially excluded) is so subtle, being an owner is the best way to appreciate the cars lines and contours. The uninitiated know it's something special at a glance, but only the guy or gal with the keys knows it has a great personality too.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default D3 does not standout in a parking lot.

Originally Posted by N2AK
I see the body lines of a Chrysler 300 in many D3 models. The 300's have evolved in appearance. So have the A8 models.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

I totally agree! I have been trying to solve a problem with an A6 I have. I ended up posting in the D3 section because of lack of help in the A6.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Even better was the number of girlfriends who called me "different".