A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Prestige Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by gb4.2
Not sure which version you sat in but there is a design difference between the ventilated and non-ventilated front seats in the A7. The ventilated versions do have a somewhat longer front section for thigh support (but no adjustment) while the non-ventilated versions don't. In fact the non-ventilated versions are styled/shaped much like the front seats in the Q5. I believe the ventilated seats are standard on the Prestige version only.

I've sat in the Prestige version and the seats are OK but not great; at least not anywhere near as good as those in the A8 or as good as they could be if the "Comfort" seats were available as in Europe.

Waiting to see if they do the same thing with the new A6. All indications so far are that Audi has decided to make the same seats (ventilated or non-ventilated) the only choices here based on the ordering guide. Can't see them making available better seats in the A6 than for its more expensive "brother" (the A7).
Agree seats are okay but not the best in comparision to other models from BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes AMG. Audi can do better or at least like Porsche offer like 4 different type of seats as options in any vehicle. Then agian there's the cost..hmm. win/loss or win/win?

Originally Posted by skgoA7
I got an A7 Premium Plus for 3 months now. I am 6"2' and I am having a hard time finding a comfortable position. The seats are fully adjustable bit in my opinion they lack cushioning and they are not deep and tall enough. I checked the Prestige and it seems that seats are similar except for the ventilation. I am seriously thinking of getting another car maybe less fancy but comfortable...
I too would like better seats, more side bolster and lumbar support. Have a Z4M which has very nice seats and great support for my legs with moveable thigh support as well. Much more comfortable yest but would I get another car just because of it? NO. Advice go to an Audi drivers school or your dealership and talk to them...likely they can correct your current driving position to some alternative that you find both agreeable and more comfortable. Felt that way in my 997 until I did a PDE/Track day with it and got a few pointers/help adjusting my driving position. Now it feels great...also upgrade to Sports Bucket seats didn't hurt!

Originally Posted by carljones11
Do NOT buy this car for the seats. If the seats are an issue for you and you want seats like the BMW or A8, this is not the right car for you. Do NOT look at a Vette or a Porsche either. You will NOT like the seats. If you are blessed with a wide butt or very long legs..look elsewhere.

I'm still looking to see another A7 on the road. They are not for everyone.
Yes I don't see that many either A7's on the road. But like I said above..the car has SO many more pluses than the seats. But if seats are a priority over performance, looks, driving dynamics, etc..then by all means get a 535i or a Panamera! Afterall its your hard earned $$ and one should be happy.

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
I'm 5'8" and 160 lbs and I don't find the seats very comfortable either. I had the same issue in my Q5 which had very similar seats. I feel the issue is the seats are hard without much support, kind of the worst of two worlds. Not sure what Audi was thinking.

If they offer the comfort seats as an option in the 2013 MY I'm gonna be pissed.
Finally here's the option I am looking at...S7 will be released within next 12-15 months likely as a 2013 model. If its like any other German car...Porsche/BMW's then one must consider that the seat fittings are probably identical from model to model (i.e. one can take any 997 Porsche seat and retrofit it to another 997 let's say an S or a GT3) SO I am talking to a few folks (AbT and StaSiS, local independant) about taking the seats from the new S7 and transplanting them into my A7. Service adviser says that it should be doable but cost of the seats will be the deciding factor. It will likely involve removal of rear seats as well and possible swap out of the front belts depending on how the S7 seats mount. Will be cheaper [hopefully] than just getting an S7 ya know! LOL

http://www.m25audi.co.uk/audi/a7/audi-s7-interior.html
Old 02-20-2012, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sat in an S7 at the Chicago Auto Show on Friday. The seats in it are quite nice and have adjustable thigh bolsters. The sales rep at the show (someone I know and trust from my local Audi dealer) Said I could probably get the seats for my A7 (arrives in three weeks !) unfortunately, she fears that the price may be crazy.....:8^(
Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

The price will probably scare you.

I had the standard "comfort" seats in my last porsche 911 (997) and hated them. I looked into buying the adaptive seats through the dealer... $8K for two seats!!

Luckily I found a guy with a GT3RS who was taking out his sport seats to put in light-weight Recaros. He sold them to me for $1000.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure I like the look of the S7 seats, a bit too "space age" looking for me. They look like they belong on the bridge from something seen on "Battle Star Gallactica" than in an Audi. I know they're for a sports model but they're a bit much IMO. Don't like the quilted stitching much either.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default S7 Seats

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Not sure I like the look of the S7 seats, a bit too "space age" looking for me. They look like they belong on the bridge from something seen on "Battle Star Gallactica" than in an Audi. I know they're for a sports model but they're a bit much IMO. Don't like the quilted stitching much either.
I am waiting on my A7 Prestige to arrive. I have been concerned by the seat comments on this forum and have been wondering whether I would be satisfied with the A7 Prestige seats. Therefore, I have taken every opportunity to sit in the A7 seats and each time I have been pleasantly surprised by the comfort I perceive in the A7 seats.

At the auto show, I sat in the S7 seats and found them to be very uncomfortable. The quilted stitching can be felt through your closes and feels very weird. I would definitely not trade the S7 seats for the A7 Prestige seats.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jfourman
closes
I can spell...but apparently not tonight... "clothes"
Old 03-06-2012, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jfourman
I can spell...but apparently not tonight... "clothes"
You can always edit your posts, ya know?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
You can always edit your posts, ya know?
Only if you ask for and granted edit privileges by the moderator!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Only if you ask for and granted edit privileges by the moderator!
I apparently don't have the edit privilege. I looked and looked for an edit button. I couldn't stand to have a misspelled word in my post. Sorry to waste four posts here.

...now back to talking about seats...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't sweat it. Beside mispelling on my own, my iPad takes a life on it's own & creates new words I don't mean quite often! In this day of electronics we are all un-learning how to spell I think!

Quick Reply: A7 Prestige Seats