A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Noises starting to drive me crazy...

Old 03-03-2012, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Noises starting to drive me crazy...

First of all, clicking sound from the B-pillar every time I drive

- popping sound from the shifter trim where the leg touches - every time.
- occasional rattling from the instrument cluster
- occasional noises from the area around the MMI screen

When the weather is nice I am going to start removing some trims and see what's going on.

I am not going to have the dealer mess with it, as they are more likely to make things worse...

Maybe the Stasis exhaust is loosening things in the car?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those kind of noises drives me crazy as well! Good luck to you, hope it works out.
I've got the same annoying noises from the lower plastic "pockets" on the front doors. They squeak on uneven road surfaces. I had the same issues on my last S5, I really don't understand why Audi can't make them fit tighter or at least divide the pocket so it's not one long plastic cover.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My noises became more prevalent yesterday and I've got only 5k miles on it. I guess I'll attempt the dealership as I don't feel comfortable taking it apart. It does seem like its coming from the Pillar.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also have b pillar noises that have gotten worse above the 5k mark...let's figure out what is happening here because the dealers are inept at fixing this stuff!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rs4fun2008
Also have b pillar noises that have gotten worse above the 5k mark...let's figure out what is happening here because the dealers are inept at fixing this stuff!

Yeah I hear ya.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rs4fun2008
I have a C7 A6, the interior is very similar. I have the same B pillar noise, what I did was cut a strip of black velcro and squeeze it in betwen where the gray head liner material meets the black plastic, right below the seat belt adjustment area, I have the black interior and gray head liner. I took a piece of copier paper and fold it into 4 and squezze it into their first and drove around for a while just to see if that was the cause of the rattle before I put in the Velcro. Hope that helps.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
I have a C7 A6, the interior is very similar. I have the same B pillar noise, what I did was cut a strip of black velcro and squeeze it in betwen where the gray head liner material meets the black plastic, right below the seat belt adjustment area, I have the black interior and gray head liner. I took a piece of copier paper and fold it into 4 and squezze it into their first and drove around for a while just to see if that was the cause of the rattle before I put in the Velcro. Hope that helps.

Did you mean right "above" the seat belt adjustment area?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by aquarian
Did you mean right "above" the seat belt adjustment area?
No, below it, where the two different material panels meets.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
No, below it, where the two different material panels meets.
I think I have the same issue, if I understand you correctly. Could you please take a picture showing the area, and also the solution. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ratheito
I think I have the same issue, if I understand you correctly. Could you please take a picture showing the area, and also the solution. Thanks!
In this picture, its the B pillar next to the passenger seat where the gray headliner material ends and the black plastic trim begins. You can slide a piece of copier paper folded into 4 in there and test it out. If it stops your rattle, then thats the problem. After that, I stuck a piece of black velcro in there.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noises starting to drive me crazy...