S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Update Navigation Maps

Old 10-17-2013, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update Navigation Maps

Hey guys,

My dealer quoted me $286.00 for an updated Navigation Disc--is that correct? Is there any other way to update the maps?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2013, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I haven't asked myself but that's inline with other manufacturers (Acura)
Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Seems high. I paid $149 for my Acura a few years ago and didn't notice a difference so will not do another update. I still get offers in the mail at that rate.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Was it just the maps that are updated or is there a software update as well? (Just curious)
Old 10-18-2013, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TO407S4
Was it just the maps that are updated or is there a software update as well? (Just curious)
I think it was just the maps. I was told that the disc is made by an outside company, and it takes 2 weeks to order. I will call to verify.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:31 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Mike
I think it was just the maps. I was told that the disc is made by an outside company, and it takes 2 weeks to order. I will call to verify.
When you say disc, what are you referring to? CD/DVD ?
I was under the impression if there was a NAV update it would be with SD cards and a connection to a server in Germany. At least based on prior posts. If a CD/DVD update is available for end-user updates that would be great.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gk1
I was under the impression if there was a NAV update it would be with SD cards and a connection to a server in Germany. At least based on prior posts. If a CD/DVD update is available for end-user updates that would be great.
I was told if was a free annual update for the first few years
Old 10-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So if you really want or need it, you might get a bunch of owners (from the forums) to chip in and pass the CD around. Just a thought. Kinda like a group buy. The more that want it, the less it should cost. I assume you can load the upadate an unlimited amount of times. Or buy it and resell it on Ebay.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DrGP
So if you really want or need it, you might get a bunch of owners (from the forums) to chip in and pass the CD around. Just a thought. Kinda like a group buy. The more that want it, the less it should cost. I assume you can load the upadate an unlimited amount of times. Or buy it and resell it on Ebay.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Still on the fence, since I don't really need it.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gk1
That's what the service consultant said in his email reply to me, he had to check with the parts department. I'll probably have to contact the parts department directly to see what they say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Update Navigation Maps