S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Any luck with estoril blue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

So sorry man, that is awful. Hoping you and your wife are ok. Wow, don't know what else to say, sorry.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My deepest condolences. It breaks my heart just looking at the photos...can't imagine how you feel. I'm very sorry this happened to you. Hope nobody was hurt.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Friday was a long day and as you said we both have our health and as you can see in the second pic she's even smiling.
As for the color absolutely beautiful and I had received quite a few comments about the color.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
You recieved the no extra cost "dealer applied swirl package" . Unfortunately, there are quite a few dealers who actually mess up the finish with their dealer prep. No excuse for it. I would make them fix it.
Originally Posted by sjuhawks19
Congrats, hope he obliged! Post pics when you get a chance as well.
Thanks guys! Dealer obliged, the car was not touched, just rinsed/hosed down, and was left out in the parking lot to stand in the rain. Which was perfectly fine by me.

Pics to follow.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Difuser
Unfortunately it does show wrinkles well....
Slid down a long hill to an embankment at the bottom. Then it was hit by 2 more cars while waiting to be towed. The last car that hit it was doing 30-35 went through 2 officers and 5 people missed everyone/thing to hit the S4 with my wife inside. Did I mention it had 250mi on it....

Ouch! So sorry to hear that pal. But the most important thing is that you and your wife are ok. These things are replaceable.

Good luck!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

So sorry man. But I will echo what others have said, and glad that you and your wife are ok!
Old 12-24-2013, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Unfortunately it does show wrinkles well....
Slid down a long hill to an embankment at the bottom.
Sorry about the car. Glad you and the wire are okay. Aren't those the summer tires though?

On the thread topic, I have Estoril Blue on my 2013 and it seems fine from a durability standpoint. I got the car from my dealer completely unwashed with only the protective film removed.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes they were, I picked the car up Monday night and got caught out Friday am. We went to the gym at 4am no snow. In the 65-70mins we were at the gym it snowed and covered everything. Being Seattle area it's all hilly and snow hits, melts and freezes.
Never had a chance to get snows put on and would have taken a second car had we realized it was going to snow as it did. Also being Seattle they can forecast snow til they are blue in the face and we'll get rain.....

Thanks for the well wishes and we'll be back shortly with another car. Adjuster looked at it today should have a ruling by Friday.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEEED
Ouch! So sorry to hear that pal. But the most important thing is that you and your wife are ok. These things are replaceable.

Good luck!
Thank God y'all are ok. I see you still had your summer only tires on. They do suck on the snow and ice and I bet they are 100% the cause of your wreck. When I had my S5 I went for a spin around the neighbor hood to see how summer only tires were. (My dealer made me sign a waver about the summer only tires in snow). I knew right then they sucked. I could not even put the car back in the garage. It would not make it up my slight incline driveway. When I bought my new SQ5 with the 21 inch summer only tires I ordered a set of 20 inch Hartmann wheels with Blizzak snow tires. I did not want to have a issue. I did run high end Michelin all seasons on my S5 but they were never all that great for stoping in the snow and ice. GET SOME WINTER TIRES!! Your life ain't worth the savings of a $2000
Old 12-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes they were, I picked the car up Monday night and got caught out Friday am. We went to the gym at 4am no snow. In the 65-70mins we were at the gym it snowed and covered everything. Being Seattle area it's all hilly and snow hits, melts and freezes.
Never had a chance to get snows put on and would have taken a second car had we realized it was going to snow as it did. Also being Seattle they can forecast snow til they are blue in the face and we'll get rain.....

Thanks for the well wishes and we'll be back shortly with another car. Adjuster looked at it today should have a ruling by Friday.
Condolences on the accident, but glad everyone is OK. I know exactly how you feel - a few years ago I bought a two-year old M3 off a lease and got hit when I'd had the car less than two weeks. Mine was drivable, but ended up with close to ten grand in damage. I will never forget the feeling of picking up pieces of my new car off the road. After three weeks in the shop, though, it was good as new. Hope everything works out for you.

Quick Reply: Any luck with estoril blue?