TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Whats your story about how you came to love your TT - Please Share

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went shopping for an A4, came home with the TT

It was for the wife, she saw the TT and decided then and there that she wanted it. Made some calls worked a price and drove home with it later that day.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Tightt, did you buy your coupe new or used, how many miles when you bought?
Old 05-29-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Whats your story about how you came to love your TT - Please Share

I had a 2001 that I leased and had to get rid of 4 years ago. Was driving a Honda Element, 2004 that I really liked, but stopped at the Audi dealer and this 2001 225 Roadster was just being turned in, I bought it!! Love TT's. I have owned over 65 cars in my life from Corvettes to Cadillacs and all sorts in between, but the TT is tops.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Wow, My story is virtually the same!

Spent all day car shopping- about 5 lots totall. I arrived at the last local dealership at around 4pm, and had to get to the firehouse for work at 6pm. I pulled up next to the most beautiful sports car on the entire lot. There had been a group of mechanics that came out of their bays to admire the car. As the salesman took me from car to car, I couldn't help but to find my attention being drawn back to the TT that I had parked next to. On the way back to my car, I half jokingly asked the salesman "whose car is that?" Much to my delight, he informed me that a customer had JUST traded the car in for a new Chevy SSR and that on Monday (2 days away) they would be sending it away to a higher dollar dealership. The previous owner was still at the dealership and I was fortunate enough to give me the Down Low on everything. He had already invested about $5,000 in aftermarket parts which made the deal seem only that much more sweeter! I test drove the car and signed the papers at 5:30pm... with JUST enough time to get to work! My only regret was not taking off work to devote the entire evening with my new best friend - a 2001 225 Audi TT Roadster! Ever since then I've caught the mod bug- and it's been the most fun I've had in my entire life!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default While driving on a business trip in Germany I was passed by a silver bullet....

all I saw for identification were the four rings of Audi approching me, fast, in my rear view mirror. He flew past and I searched the car hoping to find out what exactly this beauty was. The back had been debadged and he was soon out of sight(the road was straight for a couple more kilo's). Since I had not seen anything like this in the states I assumed (correctly) it was only available in Europe. Fast forward 2 years to November 2000 we were looking for a replacement for my wife's Camry and I thought the A4 was of similar size but a little nicer and she might enjoy that. When we arrived at the dealer lo and behold there was my "baby" sitting right next to the entrance door. My wife says "what a beautiful car!". I, of course instantly agreed but also warned her that if we test drove it we would undoubtably buy it. A young sales guy soon sidled up and handed me the keys. He then insisted on accompaning us on our test drive. My wife slid into the back and off we went. She was extremely dissapointed to learn that the TT was only available in a standard shift (she thinks manual shifting is too much bother while driving). We then looked, literally, at the A4 but never even bothered to drive one. When we sat down to negotiate we found out there was a waiting list ten people long and this car was scheduled to be picked up later that day (it was the only one on the lot). I couldn't believe we had just test drove a car someone had already purchased. He would check and give us an approximate date of when we could expect to own a TT. Well as it turned out the customer was unable to obtain financing and he wouldn't be able to take delivery of the car. I was wondering if this was all a sales gimmick but saw a list of names on the desk with contact #'s and addresses while he was "checking dates" for us.I had just been awarded a substantial stock bonus and really wanted this car (probably was a little obvious to him). I offered to pay cash if that would improve our position on the list. He returned a few minutes later with a P&S agreement, funds were transferred and I drove off the lot a very happy man.... BTW My wife drove my S-80 for two years until Audi came out with the A4 cabriolet Quattro. Which she has enjoyed now for 2 years.