Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Caution: Keep away from the "Bootloader"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caution: Keep away from the "Bootloader"?

I have been reading what VCDS/Vag-com can do to MMI and adding afew features to the car. But I keep seeing this "warning Caution keep away from bootloader?"

Can someone care to explain what that exactly mean and when do I see this?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2014, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

The bootloader is accessed via a menu system that needs to be activated for you to see it. The hidden menu contains some settings that can be tweaked to activate / modify features within the MMI.
The bootloader options basically tells the unit to reset itself and requires the correct firmware CD to reload the MMI. Without it the system is unusable.
If you have a 2G MMI system, the firmware can be obtained from sources around the web. I have not seen the firmware for a 3G system available, but that doesn't mean it's not.

Bottom line, keep away from the bootloader
Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for the reply.
My first thought was somewhere during the vcds step and its bootloader reboot or show on the screen that might caused the problem.

After I did afew search, only happen if u go inside the "green menu" and changing/playing around with bootloader section

Thanks for that

Originally Posted by DieselDave
The bootloader is accessed via a menu system that needs to be activated for you to see it. The hidden menu contains some settings that can be tweaked to activate / modify features within the MMI.
The bootloader options basically tells the unit to reset itself and requires the correct firmware CD to reload the MMI. Without it the system is unusable.
If you have a 2G MMI system, the firmware can be obtained from sources around the web. I have not seen the firmware for a 3G system available, but that doesn't mean it's not.

Bottom line, keep away from the bootloader