RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Noise/Rattle

Old 04-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise/Rattle

I have had my RS7 for 3 weeks now. Love the car but one irritating problem. The front dashboard/IP has a speaker grill or another plastic part noise. Bumps and heavy bass sounds played loud on the B&O system bring out the noise. Have not taken it to the dealer yet, but I am disappointed that a $125k car has an issue such as this. However, I love this beast so much, I am just hoping the dealer can make it right.

Anyone else have any similar problem? What do you think about the B&O? I don't think it is worth $6k.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by motorguy61
I have had my RS7 for 3 weeks now. Love the car but one irritating problem. The front dashboard/IP has a speaker grill or another plastic part noise. Bumps and heavy bass sounds played loud on the B&O system bring out the noise. Have not taken it to the dealer yet, but I am disappointed that a $125k car has an issue such as this. However, I love this beast so much, I am just hoping the dealer can make it right.

Anyone else have any similar problem? What do you think about the B&O? I don't think it is worth $6k.
Haven't got mine yet. Another 3 week wait. But I hope you get the problem fixed. Please post what the dealer says. About the stereo, I love a good sound as much as anyone but I couldn't bring myself to spend another £6k for the upgrade. The Bose systems gotta be good still.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the same problem, and just took it to the dealer today (for the 5K service). It seems to be poorly secured center channel speaker grill since I can put pressure on the grill and get the buzz to subside. I have been in the high end audio business for 25 years (www.audiovisions.com) so I know high performance audio - The B&O system in this vehicle is reasonably good, but I would expect more for the price they charge. They certainly had a challenge figuring out where to find sufficient space for a good subwoofer and although their design is clever it is still insufficient. The system also struggles at even moderate volume levels. It definitely sounds best (like any good system) when using high quality source material.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vortexx
I have the same problem, and just took it to the dealer today (for the 5K service). It seems to be poorly secured center channel speaker grill since I can put pressure on the grill and get the buzz to subside. I have been in the high end audio business for 25 years (www.audiovisions.com) so I know high performance audio - The B&O system in this vehicle is reasonably good, but I would expect more for the price they charge. They certainly had a challenge figuring out where to find sufficient space for a good subwoofer and although their design is clever it is still insufficient. The system also struggles at even moderate volume levels. It definitely sounds best (like any good system) when using high quality source material.
Vortexx,

Did the dealer fix your speaker grill rattle? Thanks for your input.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ive got a slight clicking/ticking/rattle in the dashboard/HUD device area. Kind of annoying, hoping with only 700 miles on the odo it goes away on its own. Kind of intermittent. I only hear it when the radio is off, like when using the phone
Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you think about the B&O? I don't think it is worth $6k.
Well, I do love the B&O system -- I had it in my A7 and couldn't give it up.

But, just last week my tweeters stopped popping up and the subwoofer stopped working. The whole thing sounded like AM radio. The car has now been in the dealership for three days with the trunk ripped apart waiting for a new B&O module to show up...

[Update: Part showed up the next day and the dealer quickly fixed it. Sonic bliss restored!]

Last edited by muski; 04-26-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The dealer fixed my rattle noise. Car is perfect now. The stereo is great, just not awesome though for $6k
Old 04-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Vortexx,

Did the dealer fix your speaker grill rattle? Thanks for your input.
They replaced the center channel speaker and grill. Now the speaker doesn't buzz with music, but it now rattles under certain driving conditions and engine RPMs. Now I have to take it back again.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They put felt tape on my speaker grill so the music rattle is gone but when it hits bumps there is something still rattling. So, I have to take mine back too.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vortexx
They replaced the center channel speaker and grill. Now the speaker doesn't buzz with music, but it now rattles under certain driving conditions and engine RPMs. Now I have to take it back again.
Hi Vortexx,

I am extremely interested in your progress with the Audi dealer on the rattle noise? My dealer put felt tape on my speaker grille and that helped but there is a serious rattle inside the middle of the dash board ( instrument panel ). I just can't accept this type of noise on a brand new car....especially a $125,000 RS7 ( mine is loaded ). Sure hope you can share with us what they have done for you so far ???