Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI telephone settings not saving voicemail #

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default MMI telephone settings not saving voicemail #

I keep trying to save my cell phone # under the "voicemail number" in the telephone settings. It seems like the # is saved while the car is running, but after I shut down and restart the car later, the voicemail # is no longer saved - anyone else have this issue?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audi40
I keep trying to save my cell phone # under the "voicemail number" in the telephone settings. It seems like the # is saved while the car is running, but after I shut down and restart the car later, the voicemail # is no longer saved - anyone else have this issue?
Yes, same problem. Thanks for bringing it to the Forum
Old 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup same here, what stupidity. Hope this is a bug and they fix it.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Simple workaround: save the voicemail number as a Directory entry called "voicemail".
Old 11-01-2013, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not only does mine not save the voicemail number, if I go into navi then favorites and under the HOME favorite enter all my info, it seems to loose that as well. Seems like they don't spend much time debugging this code before rolling it out.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Huh. Must be a bug in your code. My Home entry (along with all of my Favorites) has always worked fine and never disappeared since I entered the info over a year ago.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I reentered it last night and it was there today, interesting. This time I picked the option to select it from previous destinations, rather than enter it manually. Let's see if it stays. My voice mail number still will not save.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keithl
Not only does mine not save the voicemail number, if I go into navi then favorites and under the HOME favorite enter all my info, it seems to loose that as well. Seems like they don't spend much time debugging this code before rolling it out.
Ditto here on the VM and Home issue. 2013 A6 Prem Plus 2.0.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Simple workaround: save the voicemail number as a Directory entry called "voicemail".
Tried this today...got me into voicemail, but then I couldn't use the touch pad/MMI controller to enter my pass-code (just showed phone as connected, but no option to enter further #'s). I had used this same "technique" on my 2010 A6 and once it got into VM, you still could use the MMI to enter the pass-code, but this doesn't seem to work on the C7, unless I'm missing something??
Old 12-11-2013, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by audi40
Tried this today...got me into voicemail, but then I couldn't use the touch pad/MMI controller to enter my pass-code (just showed phone as connected, but no option to enter further #'s). I had used this same "technique" on my 2010 A6 and once it got into VM, you still could use the MMI to enter the pass-code, but this doesn't seem to work on the C7, unless I'm missing something??
I guess I should have been more specific. To dial and access your tel's voicemail from the MMI, you create your voicemail string on your phone's directory as a contact including the tel number, pauses, any access code and "#" and "*" as required by your phone's carrier to access your VM. Title the contact "Voicemail". Then, you can select it to dial in the MMI tel contact list or use voice command, "Dial Voicemail".

For example for my AT&T iPhone voicemail it's pretty simple - I created a phone contact called "Voicemail" containing "my cel tel number,1". No passcode is necessary as it's already set up on the iPhone>Settings>Telephone with the VM password. (Some phones use commas or "p" for pauses; the iPhone uses commas).
Once I'm in my voicemail, I use the MMI's number dialer to skip, delete or save each email as each is played. When done, I simply hang up.

In effect, it's your phone that's storing the voicemail numbers/symbols as a contact and any needed string symbols and passcode are generating the necessary DTMF tones. The MMI is just passing the tones along as stored in the phone.

This is the only way I've found to dial and access my voicemail using only the MMI (and not the iPhone itself) as the MMI doesn't allow for the necessary pauses to be entered or stored in it's own directory or its own voicemail option. I only have iPhones so I can't be sure about other phone brands or carriers, so this method may or may not work if other than an iPhone.