Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Today's service experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Today's service experience

Today I had the A6 into the dealer to perform the annual NYS inspection. While there they did the following software updates. Following is information on what they did from the service report:
- TSB 2030465/6; 91962599 MMI ZUG - update without telephone transceiver R36. This was done to eliminate the loud “bam” sound associated with a HD radio flaw I reported and posted on at this site.
- 48K8 RVU; 48402599 update J500 control module – software update for control unit for electromechanical power steering
- 24D RVU; 24702599 - update engine control unit software - described as non-specific control module update
I don’t know if the radio “bam” fix works – I’ll have to wait and see if the noise shows up again. The service person knew what the fix was the minute I described the loud bam noise like some on throwing a rock at the car.
When the service rep said they would do the steering update I asked about it and she recommended it strongly; since it is a leased car they want all the updates done so the car is current when turned in. I had never felt the steering was bad or had issues, but said “OK, do it.” So far in only maybe 30 miles of driving the steering seems maybe a tad lighter but actually more linear and better staying in lane on the highway.
I have no idea what the control module update was for. However, I did notice a difference in the acceleration and overall smoothness of the engine – almost as if a tune up had been done (the car has only 8,200 miles on it). Perhaps the belter feeling had nothing to do with the update.
If anyone knows more about what they did or why – please chime in. This is presented as one guy’s experience with a number of the software updates folks have been discussing here.
If anything changes and things get bad or fail to fix the situation I will post updates.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Today I had the A6 into the dealer to perform the annual NYS inspection. While there they did the following software updates. Following is information on what they did from the service report:
- TSB 2030465/6; 91962599 MMI ZUG - update without telephone transceiver R36. This was done to eliminate the loud “bam” sound associated with a HD radio flaw I reported and posted on at this site.
- 48K8 RVU; 48402599 update J500 control module – software update for control unit for electromechanical power steering
- 24D RVU; 24702599 - update engine control unit software - described as non-specific control module update
I don’t know if the radio “bam” fix works – I’ll have to wait and see if the noise shows up again. The service person knew what the fix was the minute I described the loud bam noise like some on throwing a rock at the car.
When the service rep said they would do the steering update I asked about it and she recommended it strongly; since it is a leased car they want all the updates done so the car is current when turned in. I had never felt the steering was bad or had issues, but said “OK, do it.” So far in only maybe 30 miles of driving the steering seems maybe a tad lighter but actually more linear and better staying in lane on the highway.
I have no idea what the control module update was for. However, I did notice a difference in the acceleration and overall smoothness of the engine – almost as if a tune up had been done (the car has only 8,200 miles on it). Perhaps the belter feeling had nothing to do with the update.
If anyone knows more about what they did or why – please chime in. This is presented as one guy’s experience with a number of the software updates folks have been discussing here.
If anything changes and things get bad or fail to fix the situation I will post updates.
Could the latter be the ECM update for the transmission? I know there is one, but not sure of the TSB numbers.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Rlk1
Could the latter be the ECM update for the transmission? I know there is one, but not sure of the TSB numbers.
I do not think so because when I brought the car in one of the things I asked was that they check out the tranny since it occasionally (like once a month) either upshifts or downshifts with a slight jerk or hestitation. When i picked the car up the rep said and it is on the service report that everything checked out and "vehicle operating to manufacturer's specs at this time" - no action required. It must be something else. The performance seems much better - this is the 2.0 engine - I wonder if they goosed it to 2014 spec HP lol
Old 12-12-2013, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The transmission update would be for the TCU, not the ECU. Perhaps they discovered a trouble code which prompted this reflash of the ECU. I've seen it listed as a TSB for other Audi and VW models with the 2.0T engine. Couldn't find much detail, though.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Today I had the A6 into the dealer to perform the annual NYS inspection.
Hmmm! NY requires yearly inspections? I am in good ol' Joizy and have a sticker on the windsheild that would last me well in to 2017!!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jatmobil
Hmmm! NY requires yearly inspections? I am in good ol' Joizy and have a sticker on the windsheild that would last me well in to 2017!!
Yeah, NYS likes to make sure that people with crappy old heaps with no brakes and worn shocks do not crash into the nice, well maintained German machines people like me own. I say "thank God!" lol