S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Pick one Stasis mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pick one Stasis mod

If you had to pick one mod (ECU flash, exhaust, suspension...) from Stasis, what would it be and why?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was interested in the software and during my most recent service I inquired about it. I learned that any Stasis upgrade would void the factory warranty for the portion(s) of the car that the upgrade affects. Since I paid extra to have my warranty extended to 100k miles, obviously it didn't make sense for me to upgrade.

Should something go wrong, it's up to Stasis to decide how much (if at all) they would cover for repairs. I believe you can get the upgrades (non-Stasis) at a cheaper price. And since warranty coverage is not guarantied, I might as well save my money on other brands.

Please let me know if I didn't get this right. My information came from dealer so I'm assuming it's accurate.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue42
If you had to pick one mod (ECU flash, exhaust, suspension...) from Stasis, what would it be and why?
Why do you want to mod? More power? Get a tune. Better sound and looks? Intake and exhaust. Better handling and looks? Suspension.

I would go beyond looking at Stasis for upgrades, consider the power gains, sound, and looks of each tuner product and pick the ones that suit your style. I wasn't sold on the Stasis warranty, if two companies can point their fingers at each other when the source of the problem is not clear cut, you'll likely get the run around.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by will13k7
Why do you want to mod? More power? Get a tune. Better sound and looks? Intake and exhaust. Better handling and looks? Suspension.

I would go beyond looking at Stasis for upgrades, consider the power gains, sound, and looks of each tuner product and pick the ones that suit your style. I wasn't sold on the Stasis warranty, if two companies can point their fingers at each other when the source of the problem is not clear cut, you'll likely get the run around.

For now I'm enjoying the new car and the increase in performance over my last car. I'm sure in some time though I'll want more power and better handling, so based on your suggestions that would be the tune and suspension.

I was talking with the finance manager when I was getting my car and he is currently leasing an S4 that has the Stasis tune, exhaust and suspension. In the years he's been at the dealer he said he's never heard of Audi or Stasis not covering one of the vehicles. That's not to say it can't happen I guess.

Thanks for the advice... I'll definitely look at the other companies (besides Stasis) and see what's out there.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

For now I'm enjoying the new car and the increase in performance over my last car. I'm sure in some time though I'll want more power and better handling, so based on your suggestions that would be the tune and suspension...
I have the STaSIS ECU tune and Touring suspension, and couldn't be happier with them.

People can point fingers and suggest that there's no guarantee that STaSIS' warranty is worth anything, but in the end, I felt better *having* a warranty than having none, which is what would happen if Audi decides that any failure is due to any other aftermarket company's modifications.

The tune's results speak for themselves - 0.5-0.7 seconds improvement in 1/4 mile time, +4-8mph in 1/4 mile trap speed, and dramatically improved driveability, with no adverse side effects seen in my 63K+ miles.

The suspension really buttons the car down without making the ride harsh at all.

The real question is whether you're willing to live with a small amount of uncertainty in exchange for the big improvement in performance?
Old 12-01-2013, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was talking with the finance manager when I was getting my car and he is currently leasing an S4 that has the Stasis tune, exhaust and suspension. In the years he's been at the dealer he said he's never heard of Audi or Stasis not covering one of the vehicles. That's not to say it can't happen I guess.
I've read some questionable stuff on forums, but maybe these are very rare or fake, who knows =).

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...warranty+issue

Last edited by will13k7; 12-02-2013 at 11:58 AM.