Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Old 01-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

These aren’t the best pictures that I have taken, but I had someone request me to post some pictures of work that I’ve done on the new Lexus GS350. For this silver/grey GS350, I vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black, lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights, and blacked out the center middle section of the front bumper. The owner of this car brought their car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. I think overall, the subtle changes to the car gave it a nice different/change of look without making it look too aftermarket or modified.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger ride side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this black BMW E60 550i sedan brought me his car because he was having issues with his factory original paint fading. I went over with him and options that were available for his car, and we decided on going with my gloss black vinyl to give him back that factory finish look. Although minor pits and such still showed through the material, overall, I think the results and pictures speak for themselves. It was a huge improvement over what the owner was dealing with before, as far as the condition of his roof was concerned. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Former Vendor

Had a request to post some pictures of a white car with gloss black vinyl applied on the trim. The owner of this white Mercedes Benz C63 coupe had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl materials. The owner of this car was in Irvine and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. The black trim definitely gave the coupe a much sportier look and complemented the rest of the car fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor

Not many people know that I use/have other colors of head/tail light film in addition to the normal tint/smoke films that most people typically have me use on their cars. The owner of this Mini Cooper brought his car by to have me tint his head lights yellow and his tail lights with red. I know the yellow headlights isn’t for everybody, but the owner of this Mini wanted to do something different, and it’s always possible to go back to stock/reversible with vinyl. The owner of this car drove out from Inland Empire to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this car drove from Los Angeles to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have me do some vinyl work on his brand new white Mercedes Benz CLS 550. We went with gloss black for his roof, side roof rails, and center portion of the lower bumper. Then for the chrome side window trim, we went with matte black for those. Finally, for the tail lights, I used my transparent red vinyl to red out the clear/white portion of his tail lights to give it a single complete red appearance/color.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Former Vendor

This specific car is not the typical case of a car coming in with chrome/brushed aluminum trim and wanting me to black out their trim with my vinyl materials. The owner of this BMW E30 M3 brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the previously painted gloss black trim with my matte black vinyl. I know it may be a bit hard to tell, but if you look at the pictures side by side or back to back it may be easier to notice the differences between how matte black trim vs gloss black trim looks like on a car.

This is also good for those who have asked me in the past how well vinyl will cover up bumps/dents/etc. As you may see in some of the pictures, whoever did the paint job on the trim did not do that good of a job, which left the trim a bit lumpy/uneven. If you can’t see or make it out in the pictures, any imperfections that are underneath the vinyl will show through, as the material is fairly thin and basically takes on the shape of the surface/pieces that they are being applied on over.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this white Nissan 350z brought me his car to have me vinyl wrap the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the roof, I also did his two side vertical pillars with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car was from around Long beach and drove his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to get the work done. The gloss black, especially on the 350zs or similar smaller two seater cars, the gloss black roof connects and continues the front and rear glass fairly nicely.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor

I feel like sometime the only cars I do are BMWs, then I go on a stretch not doing any BMWs for a while. Either way, the owner of this silver E46 BMW M3 brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. It was also a nice change of pace to have a non-white colored car come in for some vinyl work done. The owner of this car drove his car to my shop in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. I think the gloss black roof on the silver really contrasts and compliments it fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor

I always do enjoy having modified cars come by to have work done on their cars. The owner of this carbon black BMW E39 M5 came by to have me apply my light tint material to his whole tail light. This is the same material/shade that you see me using in all of my previous pictures of tinted tail lights. It may appear slightly lighter on this specific car, but that’s because on darker colored cars (IE black, dark grey, etc) the contrast between the tint shade and the car is not as big, so it’ll appear lighter than it does on lighter colored cars (IE white, silver, etc). He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

Left/driver side tinted - Right/passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor

I always take requests, if anyone is trying to look for a specific example of my vinyl work on a certain type of color or car. In this case, I had someone ask me if I could post pictures of blacked out window trim on a red colored car. The owner of this red Audi S5 had me black out his chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my matte black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car was from Los Angeles and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. I think the matte black provides a nice contrast with the bright color of the car, but I think gloss black would have looked just equally as good in this case.

Before:

After:

Note: The bump that can be seen on the top rear quarter window trim piece is a factory bump/seam and not due to any installation reasons/issues.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install