Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 Q5 Pricing

Old 03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Q5 Pricing

Any ideas (or guesses) on the MSRP for the 2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus model?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Purely a guess without knowing what equipment will be standard, but I would estimate a bit above the '12 3.2 PP. All else equal, $45-46k sounds about right. Personally, I wish they would sell the Premium with either engine. I would take more engine over more features any day. Sadly, we'll probably have to buy one to get the other.

Last edited by HotRodW; 03-14-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer thought it would be closer to $50k, similar to the pricing of the S4. If that is the case, then that may push me towards the Q7.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default May know something soon...

I've been pressing my dealer hard for information on the 2013 Q5 regarding changes and release timeframe and finally received this response yesterday:

"I just asked the product manager and he said there are definitely changes coming down the line. He has been in correspondence on the Q5 similar to when they announced the facelift for the A4 and A5, and October was mentioned as a launch date.

He also said that the official build-out notification will happen in the next 2 weeks and then we will see more info on the 2013s.

Hold on to your hat!"

The "hold on to your hat!" comment relates to the fact he knows I'm in that "gray zone" to puchase now or wait for the '13. However, I definitely have the patience to wait another 2 weeks to see what new information is released. I really want that 3.0T engine, lol. I'll post once I learn anything new.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by waterburyr
I've been pressing my dealer hard for information on the 2013 Q5 regarding changes and release timeframe and finally received this response yesterday:

"I just asked the product manager and he said there are definitely changes coming down the line. He has been in correspondence on the Q5 similar to when they announced the facelift for the A4 and A5, and October was mentioned as a launch date.

He also said that the official build-out notification will happen in the next 2 weeks and then we will see more info on the 2013s.

Hold on to your hat!"

The "hold on to your hat!" comment relates to the fact he knows I'm in that "gray zone" to puchase now or wait for the '13. However, I definitely have the patience to wait another 2 weeks to see what new information is released. I really want that 3.0T engine, lol. I'll post once I learn anything new.
Good to know!

I think there are several of us "on the fence" between pulling the trigger now versus waiting it out for the 2013 model update/timing. Although, October sounds like a long ways off.

I am also noticing more 2012 inventory coming into the dealerships, as of late. Maybe they are trying to make a strong push for the quarter-end or Audi is trying to get all of the remaining 2012's out in preparation fort he 2013 model year.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Duc_E
Good to know!

I think there are several of us "on the fence" between pulling the trigger now versus waiting it out for the 2013 model update/timing. Although, October sounds like a long ways off.

I am also noticing more 2012 inventory coming into the dealerships, as of late. Maybe they are trying to make a strong push for the quarter-end or Audi is trying to get all of the remaining 2012's out in preparation fort he 2013 model year.
Difficult to say but the logic makes sense. I agree that October does sound quite far off but if the '13 sports the 3.0T power plant, I think it will be worth the wait from all the good things I've heard and read about it. Since I'm an American living in Germany, I don't have the good fortune to see the remaining '12 stock flowing onto dealers lots. Once they are out, they are out unless I do a custom build which is what I'll do anyhow. Keep in mind, though I live here in Germany (and it's awesome by the way!); I need to order an American spec vehicle because European specs aren't allowed stateside and I'll be moving back in about two years. It's all good though because I've already put a deposit down on a '12 (just not building it yet) so I'm in the queue to be towards the front of the line when the 13's are released. As I said in my previous post, more information should be available to us all in the next two weeks. After that, it's decision time for sure!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Duc_E
My dealer thought it would be closer to $50k, similar to the pricing of the S4. If that is the case, then that may push me towards the Q7.
That's what I was originally thinking -- it will be priced relative to the Q5 2.0T as the S4 is to the base A4 2.0T. But then it occurred to me that BMW starts the X3 35i under $43k. I understand the equipment levels are lower, but BMW seems to understand that some of us want performance without all the bells and whistles. Audi has a bad habit of requiring you to step up the content to get access to the performance. Very frustrating!

Last edited by HotRodW; 03-16-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2013 order guides

Much like others anticipating the '13 Q5, I contact my dealer (Boardwalk Audi, Plano Tx), and they stated that the Q5 order guides were being delayed and would not be out until August.

Is this incorrect, someone else stated that they will be available in a couple of weeks which seems more in line with when Audi traditionally releases the order guides..
Old 03-16-2012, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by waterburyr

Hold on to your hat!"

In my case I'm going to go with the 2.0T (I don't need another 3.0T), but I think the 2.0T will get a hp bump. It won't take much to turn up the boost, and now that the 3.2 is retired, there's room to do this and they need to do this given the new BMW engine's figures (N50?). Delayed gratfication has never been my thing.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yup we're all waiting in anticipation of this news...

I posted this on another post on this forum. I spoke with Audi's Customer Relations on the phone last week after I emailed Audi of America's Customer Service in regards to information on the upcoming 2013 Audi Q5. They told me they should have some updates very soon. She is supposed to follow up and call me back next week with an expected update.

As far as price, my local Internet Manager in California told me, he can't promise me anything, but based on previous history, even with the new engine and small changes, he doesn't foresee any big changes in price for all models. He said he expected the usual annual increase in price of a few hundred bucks, but nothing big. He felt the upcoming 3.0T engine should be comparable to the current 3.2 V6 engine. He based this on the pricing of the A6, when it changed from the 3.2 to the 3.0T engine. He couldn't say for sure, but based on his sources, he told me last month he expected the 2013 models to hit the streets in September. I hope his projections are right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Q5 Pricing