A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Age, Location and why A7

Old 03-22-2012, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Asi7verbullit
20, Long Island NY, Ice Silver/blk prem. plus 20' sport package cold weather side assist I was looking to replace my 2008 Range Rover sport, i was thinking about a 2010-11 to buy or 12' lease. I fell in love with the A7 from the first time i saw it but never thought i could afford it. when i found my car and it was just out of my price range I realized that the difference in gas alone would make up the difference on a finance. Reason i could afford a car at this age is because besides my car I really don't have any major expenses. Also i payed $10k under sticker, it had 2000 miles on it, to me it was worth it. I absolutely love the car, the attention it gets is unreal, it handles great with minimal body roll compared to cars of its size. Only thing that kills me is no rear wiper!!!
I have not missed the rear wiper, but the front ones don't work that great in cold weather or snow.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

40, Northern Virginia, Dakota Gray, prestige, innovation, B&O, 20" sport, cold-weather.

I was coming from a TL (previous model, not the hideous beast it turned into) and wanted something with a similar balance of sporty/practical/interesting. I had settled on the A6 but really liked the styling and uniqueness of the A7 and the wife said "go for it" :-) I really didn't like how the A4/6/8 all look identical and BMWs are all over the place here.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 54, M, Santa Clara, CA, Owner in waiting (now end of April)

For me it was time for a change. I have been driving a wagon-like vehicle for 17 years - 10 in an allroad and 7 in an Explorer. When I saw the A7 on the Audi website about a year ago, I said to myself that is going to be my next car. I believe it is unlike anything else on the road with a combination of unique style, versatility, and technology. I am planning a road trip with my Dad to the ACNA Frank Beddor Nationals in Colorado Springs in July and can hardly wait!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

41, Durham North Carolina. Had a G35 coupe, which was bought right when they first came out in 2003. Now wife and I have a couple of kids and it just wasn't cutting it with 2 doors anymore. Needed a little more room without compromising luxury, style, performance and power.

I was about 2 pen strokes from buying an e350 when the wife pushed me to drive the new A7. Glad I did because I immediately fell in love with the car.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

43, Cincinnati, OH - Coming off a Mercedes C350 Lease and i wanted a "step up". The E Class just doesnt cut it - i find the Mercedes cars are looking cheap again on the interiors. I looked at the 5 Series (very expensive for what you get) and honestly the thing that really annoyed me with the 5 was the instrument cluster - its now completely flat black with no depth. Looked very cheap again to me.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

48 Chicago IL, I was driving a Lex 460 -- love the car for it's ride and the quality of it's interior, but about as unexciting as you can get and it always ticks me off that the interior instrumentation of the high end car is the same as a plain old Toyota (per my friend who's an engineer, they want you to learn Toyota once and then be able to get any car).

Well I got any car, I got an Audi First time I saw the A7 on the road I was intrigue, first time I saw it in the dealer I was smitten. Then I drove it and was in love. Took me a couple of months to find a justification to get rid of a perfectly good Lexus, but I finally did.

Not a bit unhappy I did, fun to drive, it's a head turner and has every feature I could ever want... love it.

I guess this is my midlife crisis. Or rather about my 3rd one!

(and hey, I gave Lexus a chance, I tried the new Lexus 350GS 2013 -- love the ride, love the exterior, appreciate the interior (though I'm not in love with a mouse control concept, got that at work, but it works fairly good), hate the size (it's definitely a smaller cabin) and frankly the Audi just looks much more adult-polished.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alamo Audi
42, San Antonio, TX, 2012 Prestige, Oolong Grey/Black, 20" Sport

Pick it up in 2 days!

Trading in my 2010 A5: wanted the utility of 4 doors and a hatchback, sporty performance, clean coupe design, and tech. Also like having a unique car...don't see a whole lot of them.

Plus, my kids are just getting too big to climb in and out of the back seats of the A5.
trading in my A5 as well, but mine doesn't come in for another 2 months!!!!!

we'll have to meet up one of these days at a starbucks and reflect on the awesome purchases we made, haha
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JT Sarubbi
27, West Palm Beach, FL. Went to trade in my A6, for a newer A6, but saw the A7 and fell in love with it. Figured I would go big now while I'm still single with no kids, and can afford it. Car is awesome!
Amen brotha!!! same situation here, haha!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

26... Metro Detroit Area..

Audi A7 Prestige, Nougat Interior, Black headliner, 22" Black Savini BM-3 wheels - staggered

Wanted something sporty and different

Have owned many foreign and domestic cars but never an Audi, have to say I am very impressed inside and out. I think this car is great for any age and can accommodate anyones style preferences. Definitely gets a lot of looks.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

12,guam. hustla'

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Age, Location and why A7