Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Annoying rattles/squeaking on the Q7

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunroof leak

Originally Posted by CRB
The dealerships service departments ought to keep a hard copy of the photograph and show it to the people coming in for the sunroof TSB. It might give them pause.
Trust me, dealing with my Q7 sunroof leaks, after I warned my dealer way before it happened and while my car was under warranty, is a real nightmare. I would have preferred my dealer taking my Q for a real fix at that time.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How can I tell if I have the updated sunroof in my 2007 Q7?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have all these random noises coming from the inside of my Q7. The armrests creaks every time i lean on it. There is a knocking in the rear of the car when i turn, there is a chirping noise coming from the passenger side dashboard, and the adjustable seatbelt piece on the drivers side next to my ear creaks every time i move.

Any suggestions?

I dont understand why the interior makes so much noise!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is my list....
2008 S-Line, Air sus, 4.2

1) Rear seats rattle and shake, drives me bonkers when i look in the mirror and see the headrests shake.

2) Thump under driver side, passenger floor area when backing up.

3) Auto trunk slams shut

4) Whomp whomp whomp tire sound around 90kmh. I have brand new tires and road balanced with reports.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by q7mofo
Here is my list....
2008 S-Line, Air sus, 4.2

1) Rear seats rattle and shake, drives me bonkers when i look in the mirror and see the headrests shake.

2) Thump under driver side, passenger floor area when backing up.

3) Auto trunk slams shut

4) Whomp whomp whomp tire sound around 90kmh. I have brand new tires and road balanced with reports.
At least I'm not the only one. As for the tires, maybe it's the brand? Some just get louder when you stop or go fast.....

Any solutions to the other stuff?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Magnutz25

Any solutions to the other stuff?
Nothing yet, although I saw TSB on here last night showing the front drive shafts could have been installed backwards and could cause noise. Also the same drive shaft could also be out of balance. Certainly some new things to check out.

Anyone else have the slamming tail gate?
Maybe my struts are blown.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Rattle Fix?

Has anyone came up with a fix for the rattling in the rear seat / door panels for the Q7? I have a 2007 Q7 and i noticed the rear headrests rattle over any type of bump and sometimes hear a clunk in the rear.. Any way to fix the rear headrest rattle? I tried the tape over the latch that splits the second row seats but that doesn't seem to be the noise.

So annoying. I had a Volvo XC90 and never hear any of this..

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I hate the rattles!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear seat rattle fix - sort of!

I have the usual rattle beneath the left hand side of the second row of seats.

It has been driving me crackers for three years.

Had a brainwave yesterday which has stopped the rattle.

I used a deflated small soccer ball and slid it out of sight under the rear of the left hand side of the left hand seat.

I then inflated the ball to give gentle upward pressure on the seat above.

I made sure the ball was under the seat chassis and not under the springs, so the comfort of the seat is unaffected.

No more rattle.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Awesome... I may need to try that.. i recently played around with it for a while... I noticed it is the catch latch in the rails that has some play. So i move the seats forward and took a pieces of paper and made a thin cigarette size thing wrapped with electrical tape and put in in the latch, but made sure it was in there securely.. then slid the seat back and walah! The small play that was there creating the rattle was gone! That also stops the headrest rattle as it takes the little movement out of the seats. I did it on both sides..
Old 10-17-2014, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by clydedog
Awesome... I may need to try that.. i recently played around with it for a while... I noticed it is the catch latch in the rails that has some play. So i move the seats forward and took a pieces of paper and made a thin cigarette size thing wrapped with electrical tape and put in in the latch, but made sure it was in there securely.. then slid the seat back and walah! The small play that was there creating the rattle was gone! That also stops the headrest rattle as it takes the little movement out of the seats. I did it on both sides..
I tried the blow up soccer ball, but that prevents moving the seat forward and back once done. Love the idea though. Any way you could post a picture of your solution here with the cigarette thing? The rattle is still driving me nuts. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Annoying rattles/squeaking on the Q7