Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Cargo Mat vs All-Weather Liner

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo Mat vs All-Weather Liner

I finally took delivery of my Havanna Black 2.0T and am looking at outfitting it. I am a golfer and leave my clubs and pull cart in the trunk so I want something to protect the trunk but I don't want them sliding around either. I will likely be putting expensize luggage in it as well so I don't want something that will harm the luggage (although I guess you can remove it when taking luggage). Would the Lloyd's Ultimat, Berber (fiber) mats be good enough for golf clubs or would you go to the WeatherTech? I just get the feeling the WeatherTech will let the clubs and cart move around.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:11 PM
BEH
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TheNit
I finally took delivery of my Havanna Black 2.0T and am looking at outfitting it. I am a golfer and leave my clubs and pull cart in the trunk so I want something to protect the trunk but I don't want them sliding around either. I will likely be putting expensize luggage in it as well so I don't want something that will harm the luggage (although I guess you can remove it when taking luggage). Would the Lloyd's Ultimat, Berber (fiber) mats be good enough for golf clubs or would you go to the WeatherTech? I just get the feeling the WeatherTech will let the clubs and cart move around.
I have the Weather Tech Trunk Liner and highly recommend it.
It is "sticky" and not slippery.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have a carpeted Loyds mat and I love it. It is very plush and I believe looks much better than a plastic looking mat.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BEH
I have the Weather Tech Trunk Liner and highly recommend it.
It is "sticky" and not slippery.
How's the fit? THe A6's trunk is pretty square so I wouldn't think it would be a problem for fitting. Is it easy to remove when you don't need the weatherproof functionality (driving trips with lots of luggage and stuff). I live in Canada and finding WeatherTech to actual to touch and feel may be a 2 hour drive so I have to rely on other people. It's basically purchasing it on the internt, sight unseen (same with Lloyd's). Have you ever seen the Lloyd's Rubbertite to compare to the WeatherTech?
Old 06-04-2013, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by alvam
I have a carpeted Loyds mat and I love it. It is very plush and I believe looks much better than a plastic looking mat.
Do you know which version of Lloyd's mat that you got (Berber, Ultimat, Velourtex, Luxe)? How easy is it to remove? How easy is it to be cleaned and how? I can't find any information on their website about care. WeatherTech and Rubbertite is just a hose. Carpets are a different animal. I do think the carpeted mats would look better but if they can't be cleaned easily, it might not be a viable option. I try vaccuuming dead grass off of my 99 A4's trunk carpet and it was tough to remove.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm also considering Hexomat. It is rubber (looks like a cross section of a bee hive) and won't let things slide. It is easy to remove and wash off and it's custom made to fit the trunk. Just google Hexomat to find sources.

I had this material for 12 years in my Lexus trunk. At the time had to buy a roll and cut it to fit. I did that and the trunk looked like new when I sold it.

I'm considering it and WeatherTech but the sliding aspect concerns me a bit, even tho they'll tell you it won't, try taking home some 3 gal potted plants and see if they don't slide. For golf clubs/bag, being long, you'll have much less of a problem with sliding tho.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the Luxe mat and I have vacuumed it a few times already (grass from golf shoes etc.) so cleaning is not a problem for me. I like the look a heck of a lot better than a rubber or plastic mat but that's a personal choice. Fit and finsh are perfect and look elegant.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got the WeatherTech ones for the trunk. I had the digital fit ones for the inside passenger mats, but decided to get these...These look so much better...And I don't feel like I'm entering a yellow bus anymore...

http://www.autodistributordirect.com...a6-s6-rs6-2012
Old 06-05-2013, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look nice. Can you post a picture of them in your car?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Decim8r
I got the WeatherTech ones for the trunk. I had the digital fit ones for the inside passenger mats, but decided to get these...These look so much better...And I don't feel like I'm entering a yellow bus anymore...

http://www.autodistributordirect.com...a6-s6-rs6-2012
Old 06-06-2013, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
They look nice. Can you post a picture of them in your car?

Thanks
Here are pics of them outside the box...When I go to my garage on the weekend I'll take pics of them inside...As you can see...They look pretty darn good...

The nice thing is they cover the foot rest on the left side...Something the WeatherTech did not...
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Cargo Mat vs All-Weather Liner